Hi from car enthustiast in Portmore, Jamaica

Bravo5

Car
B13 GTS
Hey, I'm from Portmore, Jamaica. I was reading up on the how to of tuning and it reffered this site as the go too site so here i am

In Jamaica there are a lot of tuners, some who know what they are doing and others who don, they just do what they are instructed. I want to be in the "i know what i am doing" aspect of tuning and as such, this is a learning experience for me and i hope to learn from u guys.

I drive Nissan Sunny (b13) GTS. But in Ja. it is very hard to get modifications for my car, and, well not just in Ja. but internationally as well, i don't know probably i'm doing it wrong. And when i say mods i not talking engine wise, as it is fitted with the SR20de and modifications are readily available for that, but like body wise.

Anyway, being new to the world of tuning, i am taking the student approach and is willing to learn from any and everybody. To start, let me just say that i am not really a fan of turbo, well let me not say it like that, cuz i do like them and everything about them, i especially like how them make the JZ engines sound when they get into high revs., and do intend to go turbo as well, but not right now. Where i want to start is with mechanical tuning. Just the idea of an NA engine outperforming a Turbo engine, i think, just shows the extent that one can tune an engine. Also i am a fan of F1 racing, especially the high revving screaming sound of those engines, they just give me goose bumps. Anyway, what made me love NA tuning is that a friend of mine, he drive an EP3, british type R, NA, and he gets revs up to 10000 rpm, and trust me, when the vtec roars and carries it there, i can't even explain how i felt. And one night we where going to school to study for an exam, and an 2003 sti met us at a traffic light, and to my amazement, i mean i absolutely love subaru, but this little honda, outran the subaru, and i was shocked outside of this world. and his H is NA. So since then i looked towards NA tuning cuz i believe that shows true tuning abilities. I mean anybody can by a turbo kit. But how many ppl can get their NA engines to out-perform a turbo engine.

Anyway, as i said, i am here to learn, and am open to any lesson, But i must say that although i am new to this, i do have a logical mind, so if u say something and it doesn't make sense to me, or u are unable to make it make sense to me, then i will debate it. but at the same time i am open minded... so... yeah. And i not totally clueless, my field if stud was engineering, Industrial engineering to be more specific, and i am familiar with most if not all parts, so i think i'll be able to catch on rather quickly>

So thanks for welcoming me to this forum and, well, i guess i'm looking forward to learning from u

Hello and welcome, if you are passionate about cars (and your intro suggests you are then you are in the right place!)

It makes sense to start off on a NASP before progressing to turbos personally I favour the Turbo engine and currently have a VAG 1.8T unit in my A3!:D

Hi and welcome. I was in Jamaica earlier this year for the Cricket. I hope you enjoy the forum and that we as a community can help you reach your goal. :)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back