Hi, evoIII owner here

mikek

Car
evo III
Hi all,
just registered :)
i got an evo 3 in black. obviously quite old now, and a little bit modified.....fat exhaust, lowered, boost controller, gauges, some small vinyls, a vortex generator (yet to be fitted)....

hey and welcome to the site

vortex generator is it something like this
hiclone.jpg

it fits nto the induction kit / air intake pipe
if so id personaly get it on ebay.

A Vortex resonator. Creates a vacuum in the exhaust which sort of sucks the air through the exhaust and reduces back pressure.

not heard of that one,
theres the one i posted up that supposedly swirls the air through the intake to aid combustion or the ones that stick onto the body, normally the roof, to air areodynamic stability

Hi Mikek and a warm welcome to TorqueCars, its good to have you along. Sounds like you are going to have some real fun with your car. I'd be curious to know if the Vortex Generator makes much of a difference so let us know when you have it fitted.

hi everyone, thanks for the warm welcome:)

i just posted a link to a pic of the vortex gen, but the post is delayed while an admin checks it by the look of things!
it's carbon fibre, but really just a bit a bling:amazed: .

I have a Evo3 1.5L 2000 asian model.. Mine is a a non-turbo and planning to turbo.. Can anyone tell me how do we bring down the compression ratio (needed before planting the turbo unit) of the engine? Is it configurable through ECU mapping or have to manually fix the engine?

I have a Evo3 1.5L 2000 asian model.. Mine is a a non-turbo and planning to turbo.. Can anyone tell me how do we bring down the compression ratio (needed before planting the turbo unit) of the engine? Is it configurable through ECU mapping or have to manually fix the engine?

no idea mate, but surely the actual compression ratio is determined by the physical aspects of the cylinder / piston stroke / thickness of head gasket, so i would suspect that it is unable to be changed by ecu mapping.

perhaps thicker h/g or re-engineer piston rods (shorter) etc.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back