Hi everyone

boyracer8

Car
3000GT
well i'm new and just posted a few threads last week for some advice and want a great response from country pumkin thank mate!

well i'm mike from edinburgh and recently got myself a mit 3000GT VR4, its cheap to buy but now costing a fortune to run, i get approx 17MPG and any parts is difficult to get and isnt cheap, but its fast and fun :bigsmile:

anyway just wanted to say hi and want to know if many folk on here have the same motor?

thanks

mike

Hi there mike. Good to have you along. Are the 3000GT and GTO the same model? I always get confused and cant tell the difference between them.

alright mate

the 3000GT is the UK model and GTO is imported, i dont think theres any difference apart from the spec as i was told the UK model has better spec.
i dont really know much about them apart from its expensive to run lol

Normally it is like that- the JDM cars are normally better specced than the UK cars, but in the case of the 3000GT and the GTO, the UK car is actually the higher spec.

EG, JDM Mk1's = 5 speed, UK's = 6 Speed, JDM = Cloth, UK = Leather. UK car has headlight squizzers, brake cooling fins, and other little bits and bobs that the jdm never got.

pg is rght really, its prolly just that the gto/3000gt is the exception that proves the rule.

Cheers,

Ben.

Hi there and welcome to TorqueCars nice to have you along.

Power figures are around 320ps for the VR4, against 224ps in the SL/SR (USA and japan) and 280 in the Twin turbo.

well i'm new and just posted a few threads last week for some advice and want a great response from country pumkin thank mate!

well i'm mike from edinburgh and recently got myself a mit 3000GT VR4, its cheap to buy but now costing a fortune to run, i get approx 17MPG and any parts is difficult to get and isnt cheap, but its fast and fun :bigsmile:

anyway just wanted to say hi and want to know if many folk on here have the same motor?

thanks

mike

Hi I'm from Edinburgh myself. I've seen a 3000GT driving about, although I have seen a couple but one may be yours

Hi I'm from Edinburgh myself. I've seen a 3000GT driving about, although I have seen a couple but one may be yours

alright mate

i have seen a mk1 black and red GTO, i've got the MK2 dark green 3000GT but i have hardly been out in it since i got it.
theres not many of these cars here, probably just the few kicking about.

Had a couple of Evo 6's, they were, as you can imagine a touch thirsty too, but hey, you only live once!!!

Oh and welcome along :lol:

the 300GT is pretty good on fuel when on motorway cos i did 340miles in just over half tank, but city driving 120miles in half tank. ma wife nearly killed me when i moaned about spendin £38 on 120 miles!!

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back