hi everyone

steve r

Wrench Pro
Car
Audi TT Mk2 EA888
hi everyone, my names steve as your've probably sussed due to my forum name. i own an FTO GR in passion red, i have added some mods to her namely VS back bumper, spoiler,sideskirts and a front boss splitter (not keen on the VS front bumper). she's been lowered 40mm and ive done various mods to the interior including aftermarket clocks, steering wheel, handbrake, tip gearshift knob and pedels. engine bay has a slam panel, and an ITG induction filter.
im going to start on the performance so any help on what MAP ECU i should use or anything else that i need and can do would be greatfully received.
atb, steve.

Hello there and may I wish you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars forums.
It is nice to meet you. I hope you enjoy the forums as much as we all do and that you get totally addicted to this site.

It sounds like you have a great project on your hands. So what's next.

I guess it depends how much you are looking to spend. We really deal with tuning questions in our Mitsubishi forum but here are some things to consider.

The standard Mivec engine is good but improvements cost a lot of money, swapping in an EVO engine gives an instant power hike and the mods are many and readily available for it.

Does the car have a manual transmission?

Supercharging is one way to get a decent power hike but this is still likely to give only 50 bhp or so safely on the stock engine.

Hello there and may I wish you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars forums.
It is nice to meet you. I hope you enjoy the forums as much as we all do and that you get totally addicted to this site.

It sounds like you have a great project on your hands. So what's next.

I guess it depends how much you are looking to spend. We really deal with tuning questions in our Mitsubishi forum but here are some things to consider.

The standard Mivec engine is good but improvements cost a lot of money, swapping in an EVO engine gives an instant power hike and the mods are many and readily available for it.

Does the car have a manual transmission?

Supercharging is one way to get a decent power hike but this is still likely to give only 50 bhp or so safely on the stock engine.

hi waynne, thanks for the info mate. the car isn't a mivec its a GR, i had thought about dropping in a VR4 or an EVO but the funds aint there at the mo. could try a supergharger though, ive been told one out of a mini will do the job. what do you think.
atb, steve.

I thought it was about time i put a pic up of my car

ssftospares015.jpg

ssftospares012.jpg

ssftospares016.jpg

Very nice, one of the best looking cars for the money. A Mini supercharger would be okay for hooking up to the AC pulley and running light boost but I can only mirror what Waynne has said in that it's likely the internals can't cope with a big hike in power.

There must be companies that do proper kits for these as they are so popular. Unless you're of the persuasion to put something together yourself, but that requires a fair amount of time and knowledge.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back