Hi Everybody

fingers

Torque Master
Hello,

I stumbled across this site while trawling through the internet on my never ending quest for more technical stuff, and thought I'd join. I am Stuart, known as fingers to my friends, and I am building a Morris minor with the engine, gearbox and brakes from a Porsche 924. It was an absent minded "yes dear" when she asked me to do it. Looking at and measuring the donor cars it will be a challenge to pull off, but all the same very interesting when its done. Oh and I'm also installing a Nitrous Oxide kit..... just incase it's not quick enough. :D

Welcome to the site. Good luck with the project. Please take lots of pics and keep a log we'd love to do a feature on it when you finish. You're going to have a major traction issue :twisted: How long do you reckon it will take? I think most projects like this it's the last 20% that take 80% of the time!

Cheers for the welcome. I have been photographing just about everything that I have done with this and will love to do a write-up when its done, but it will be a while untill then. Traction shouldnt be too bad as the porche transmission is in the rear axle to give better weight distribution, this is one of the reasons why the 924 was chosen as a donor car. I think the project will take me around 2-3 years to get it right as a lot of the frame will have to be home made. I will start a new thread in the appropriate forum with my progress as its made. :D

Can I have the leftovers - I want to try building a Minor powered 924! At least the insurance will be lower and I'll look impressive when I cruise around :rolleyes:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back