hi all just needing some help with a honda accord i got a cupple of days ago

linhoods

Car
accord 2.2vtec
Hi im dan and have a 93 honda accord type r 2.2vtec auto and its the first honda and vtec car ive owned and cannot find any info about my new car on google any info would be great thanks

Last edited:
what type of price range would we be talking about? and would u kn0w the standed bhp for this type of car because she has sum minor mods already

I believe they are about 220 bhp when new with little torque, but one of the ultimate family saloons acording to my bumber book of cars. (st220, S4, M3, m5 and xjr included in the same list o yes and the mazda6 mps))

aston, because price was right? or to learn new things, or thousnd other reasons. Some people just want to step on the new path and discover.

i only got it becaus it was somthng diffent and had a bit of pull when the vtec kicked in and has a nice body kit and looked cool just wanted a diffent project car 2 work on after having a 89 2l bluebird wagon then a 93 ej20t wrx and then a 96 bluebird sr18de so yer nw a honda that i do quite like itz only after geting it i desied 2 try find out wat i coud about the engion but coudnt find a 93 accord type r 2.2 vtec on google as could only find newer ones and it only came up with 93 sir 2.2vtec so a little bit puzzled

i only got it becaus it was somthng diffent and had a bit of pull when the vtec kicked in and has a nice body kit and looked cool just wanted a diffent project car 2 work on after having a 89 2l bluebird wagon then a 93 ej20t wrx and then a 96 bluebird sr18de so yer nw a honda that i do quite like itz only after geting it i desied 2 try find out wat i coud about the engion but coudnt find a 93 accord type r 2.2 vtec on google as could only find newer ones and it only came up with 93 sir 2.2vtec so a little bit puzzled. i also so gt it cheap at only $1500 with also some other mods eg custom inlet stanless steal pipe that runs down 2 the bodykit and custom stanless steal manafold thatz 2 an a half inch al the way 2 a 3 inch twin pipe and it also has a front strut brace and siting on king springs on the front and super lows on the bk and a full custom fiberglass bodykit so thort it was a gt grab to work on also siting on 17teens with 225/45 tires. thanks on the stock bhp reply it runs realy wel with just me or a full car load dosnt seem 2 lose any power at al thanks 4 the replys

I guess it is home made as the type r accord didn't come out until 1999, that's why you can't find anything on them.

Im in NZ and the only thing im awear of is that the old owner spent over 6k about 2 years back so you must be right about the home buit bit just wounder why i wasnt told when buying the kar about that. . .owel thats a nice extra for what i payed

Hello,
I wanted to buy one 1993 Honda Accord and did some research on it.
Here are a few sites you can go for info:--
world.honda.com/accord
cars
autorepair.about.com/library
edmunds
2carpros ( for repair questions related )
carsplusplus
fueleconomy.gov/feg/noframes/9930.shtml
Its NACP safety rating is good and overall rating is around 65 /100.
Best Regards