Hi again

lexus8

Tuner
Car
1991 Hilux Surf
have said hi in the say hi section then found this part of the forum , I drive a Lexus V8 powered 1991 Hilux SSR-G Surf 4x4 , being a 4x4 it is by no means finished , apart from the usual like new tires which are due soon , I want more power from my V8 , I am in the process of talking my wife into letting me buy a project engine , to strip and rebuild then put it in my Surf , then there's the usual things like spotties , winches etc , will post up some photos when I figure how , Cheers

Just a quick heads up buddy, you are required to have contributed at least 10 posts before uploading pics or links.
Have a wander round the forum there's plenty of threads for you to get involved in mate. You'll soon pass 10. ;)

bout 18 months , had a 4runner and was gunna put a Lexus V8 in it but found my current one with the Lexus in it and the only thing I have done to it is change out the auto box and put a manual box in , add FWHs and fit a cargo barrier , and the cost is still under what I was quoted to do the original conversion

yeah the previous owner did the conversion using a v6 auto box but I am not a fan of autos , with the auto behind the v8 was only doing bout 300 ks per tank but since putting the manual in am getting about 450 to 500 ks a tank

That's not too bad then. I thought it would be less than that really.
Yeah I know what you mean about autos. They aren't my thing either I get bored driving them. Feel like i've got nothing to do. :lol:

That is a massive difference in fuel consumption. I bet the fuel saving almost pays for the conversion itself. Do you plan to mod the engine for power at all in the future?

yeah the plan is to talk the wife into letting me buy a Lexus V8 project engine , strip it , tweak it and rebuild it then replace the one in my surf , current thoughts are an afm programable ecu , then start all over again and build a hard core offroad 4x4 ( Lexus powered single cab 4x4 Hilux ) but havnt told the wife that bit yet , hehe small steps

Last edited:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back