Hey

ben

Road Burner
Car
Focus 1.6 Zetec
Hi guys glad to be here been reading some nice stuff!

Please be advised that im new to all this modding melarky, and new to cars tbh haha :p

I will soon be on the road, with my Clio Mk1 1997, 1.2.

Once I am insured im gonna be looking at a bit of styling/ice stuff, so im just looking for a bit of advice really.

Obviously being a student and only working part time my budget is loooow.. but im willing to spend everything I earn ;)

The first thing I want is a nice sound from the exhaust, been looking at some Ashley backboxes, not too badly priced on ebay. Im also thinking of getting some lexus lights, a new steering wheel, geer knob, pedals and other small bits and peices.

Speakers and head units I have only just started looking at, but I was just thinking of buying a cheap Kenwood head unit, with some 6x9s on the back shelf.. im not really sure what else, i dont know a lot about ICE.

Bit of an essay from me but I am really enthusiastic and cant wait to get started on my little beauty :D

Cheers and any advice is very much appreciated.

Ben.

Alright mate, welcome to TorqueCars!

First of all, a backbox will just make noise, it won't increase performance. Personally I'd look into a cat back exhaust system. Second, don't bother with the lexus lights, far too chavvy IMO. If you are thinking of getting a new steering wheel then make sure you find one with an air bag as a lot of aftermarket ones don't have them. Instead of getting lots of little bits and pieces, why not get yourself a nice set of rims?

As for the ICE, you get what you pay for. Buy cheap and expect poor quality. I'm not really into ICE installs though, Turbonutter69 will be able to help you out much better than I can. I just think it adds unnecessary weight.

Don't ever worry about writing essays either mate!

Good to have you on board!

Alright buddy welcome to TC.
To be honest as Prince says you get what you pay for when it comes to ice.
Steer clear of Kenwood head units they are rubbish in my opinion. Also don't bother with 6x9's. You want to get some Components for the front and a set of coaxials for the rear and a nice 12 inch sub and amp in the boot.
Sony do some decent head unit's at affordable prices.
For speakers I would look towards some Fusion. They are affordable and is good kit.
Have a think about it. If you have anymore questions please feel free to ask.

hey thanks guys :)

ill take a look at some of this stuff now, also i think i agree rims might be nicer than the little bits :)

cheers.
ben.

belated welcome to the site mate.
im disagreeing with prince on this one. you might as well stick to the back box and save the other couple of hundred that the cat back . for the 1.2 i doubt that youd even feel the difference in power as it would only be a couple of horses.
might be worth seeing if the 1.4 used the same centre pipe in the exhaust if not this might be a way of getting the gases out quicker and cheaper.

is the 1.2 mk1 not carb or single point injection ?

Hi ben and a very warm welcome. Another one from Deal,Kent! Hey thats pretty good going. Sorry for my late reply, i'm still catching up. Enjoy your time with us.

We have a few in Deal, A lot from our bit of Kent from Folkestone to Ramsgate etc...

wezzel98765 is probably the most active and is from deal so be sure to introduce yourself to him - send him a PM;).

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back