Severce

Car
Hyundai Getz 1.6
Hey guys I'm new to this forum, I drive a Hyundai Getz sport 1.6, this is my 3rd car and the only one I've wanted to do a bit of work on, I don't have extensive knowledge about cars but know enough to make some modifications,I'm interested in adding a turbo and possibly lowering my car since it struggles to grip the road and I'm often wheel spinning, I'd be open to any advice you guys can give

Hello!
possibly lowering my car since it struggles to grip the road
Just lowering wont solve your grip problems. Full suspension overhaul may be needed. Plus anti-roll bars and strut braces.
Or simply better tyres. Check this cheaper option first; do some research on tyres and get better rubber first. See if that makes the difference in grip you are looking for.

That's good advise ^^^ and my suggestion would be to save for a car that is factory turbo-ed as it will almost certainly have stronger internals and better brakes and may be less expensive to insure than a modified one.

Hello and a very warm, if a little late, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin! Really nice to have you along.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Hello from me, another resident petrol head. Great to have you onboard. Enjoy your time here, and please post loads, the more the merrier as they say.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back