hey

glasgowphil

hi everyone. just joined. am 21 from glasgow n i drive a 206 1.2 but am lookin to get more power. not that clued up on cars so if any1 can give me any tips on tuning it wud be great.

see you ll later n hope to talk soon.

I'm not that clued up on cars compared to alot of people but I'd imagine you could probably sell the 206 and with the cash get an older car with a bigger engine, hence more options for toys!!

FFCBadger has a point - but there is an insurance issue for most drivers - you want to go as fast as possible for as little insurance cost. Bigger engines always yield greater returns - see the bhp calculator on torquecars.co.uk to see this effect. Its also fun to drive a unique car that is better than it was when it left the factory!!

On small engined cars under 1.3 I would avoid induction kits and sport exhausts. For older cars - cleaning up the inside of the engine can free up lost power so Redex or powerboost spray. A panel air filter will give a bit freer top end power. Nos is a simple and dramatic power boost.

Its worth noting that all modifications must be notified to your insurers otherwise they may refuse to indemnify you in the event of a claim. This usually puts up the premium so getting a bigger engined car is not such a bad option.

Just to bring up a point, I've always steered away from Redex and other such products in high mileage cars, as often you can find that the 'gunk' within the engine is actually sealing up cracks, and in some cases holding the lump together! It's also possible that, like Wayne noted, it could increase your engines performance, but it's difficult to tell from the outside what condition the engine is in.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back