Hey yall

Silentj

Car
08 saturn astra
Hello from across the pond my ride is an 08 saturn astra xe with a z18xer engine i have done a couple mods 2.5in cold air intake i gutted the cat and ran 2.5in pipe from the bottom of the manifold straight to the 3in muffler

As im kind of going for the rally car look i put 3in wheel spacers in the front and 21/5in in the rear and in order to prevent fender rub i mounted lexani 205/40/zr17 on the g6 rims it reduced my tire height by about an inch compared to the 16in wheel and tire combo which was stock and gave me the stretched tire look that I guess is all the rage these days

Made a set of custom roof racks that my light bar and my double stack wing are mounted to. It started its life as 1in square tubing cut dead in half fit perfectly in the grooves in the roof had to do a bunch of shaping to fit the roof line just right

And then I wanted to fix the grill always hated it couldnt stand the big gap between the hood and the grill lit like seeing this hot ass chick and when she opens her mouth she got a gap in her teeth big enough to drive a truck through lol I digress

So after months of searching not finding anything that pleased me i decided I wanted a billit grill so back in the shop i made one and of course I had to have a vertical grill as opposed to a horizontal grill i tend to tastefully over engineer everything I found out why most billits are horizontal because my grill has 96 individual billits each a different length and a different angle so yeah got 12hrs in that piece alone

Hey buddy. that is a sweet car< I personally love Opel/Saturn/Vauxhalls. Do you plan on doing ECU, turbo maybe? some fender flares and those wheels could make it look sweet

Also did a full badge swap i made a custom stainless steel opel badge for the hatch its about 6×10in in size put a momo wheel on a detachable hub is how I got rid of the final saturn badge

I also made some custom opel center caps for the wheels using the stock pontiac caps and a set of opel center caps ordered from wish that suprise surprise didnt fit

As far as other mods a made an aluminum centar consol with cup holders a pedal commander throttle booster got the ok com interface which is sketchy sometimes and a performance chip that in my opinion does nothing but i keep it on any ways

Hello and a very warm, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin!

Sorry for my slow reply, it's been crazy busy here coping with lockdown and looking after the family. Hope you are doing ok.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

This sounds like an awesome project I'll be watching with interest.

Welcome to the site, good to have you along. You'll find this site really friendly, helpful and supportive.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back