Hey! Its about turboing a Sonatq V6, 07

QKurd19

Car
Sonata NF 200Y
Hi Everyone! Im Q, from Iran. It is an honor to join to such nice forum! I have a sonqta 07 v6, and I'm turboing it. As Im doing the job myself I wonder if there are any thing special to check. Im done with the heads and exhaust to some extent and lots of little things. I do love to have oil squirts as well, I have already upgraded the oil pump, yet I have no idea what would be the very best practice in this regard! I think I can have it from safety valve of the oil pump! But I don't know if it is enough or not! When does the safety valvevof the oil pump opens?! And I cannot d cide wether to have a twin turbo and widen the boosted rpm range, or a better single turbo and devide the engine into below 3000 rpm without boost and cool engine and low wear with a more pick power!!?
The oem pistons are semi forged(hypereutectic) or cast?! I have bought a set of forged pistons but wanna keep them for another less-daily project!
Your support is much appreciated. :)

Hello and a very warm, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin!

I'm sure you'll fit in just fine and look forward to Talking Cars with you. Tell us all about your project and your plans for it.

Lowering the compression ratio is most important when adding a turbo and is the reason why most attempts fail. A lower boost turbo or supercharger is easier to install than a higher boost one.

Sorry I've not been around much, I've been fighting off a DDOS attack on this site. Hopefully performance is back up to where it was, or perhaps a little better.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back