hey guys

tomsa3

Tuner
Car
a3 1.8T
hey im looking to buy a skyline gtst or any of the turbo models but gettin insurance seems to be a nightmare anyone got any tips because the best quote i have had at the moment is £4200 which seems a bit extortionate im 21 and 4 years no claims really wanta skyline but its not looking possible at these prices :(

Well for me, I think the cheapest quote you received for a Skyline at 21 of £4200 is nothing short of remarkable! :amazed:

My 22yo apprentice now recently qualified and living in East London with a 1.6 mid range Astra paid £5400 with a £1200 excess.

wait a bit to get those no claims up
AND
so you can obtain more experience on the roads, at 21 you don't have anywhere enough atm for driving a powerful car

id say im relatively experienced i got an a3 1.8turbo atm not really much difference lol jokes but i can insure a rx8 for bout £1000 soo i cant see over £4000 being very realistic or fair :( dream car seems to be stayin in my dreams lol. may just buy one and leave it in the garage until im 40+ and can insure it lol

What do you do for a living? I'd have major trouble insuring any of the cars I had previously or my prelude currently (Roughly £1800pa for me) but as I work in the car industry I have a traders insurance. I legally can drive any car as long as it doesn't fall into the classic car family. The premium is high but then again, I am not the only one on the policy as I also have my other half and two of my employees.

If you aren't in this line of work then either swallow your pride and pay the insurance or wait. Your no claims are way too important.

i work in halfords lol so i doubt im allowed traders insurance ?? no i havent tried adrian flux although they are my current insurers so it may be worth a go :)

Skylines are on the "danger" list even on trade insurance policies.

I have a traders policy which includes modified cars but if they are skylines I am only insured third party.

And im geriatric compared to 21 ( thinking about it Im geriatric full stop)

BTW the difference between a turbo Skyline and a 1.8 turbo is a bit bigger than you might think.
More importantly since you are unlikely to find a standard one you wont end up paying what you have been quoted.
The insurance companies are very well clued up on this fact. I tried to add a 32GTR which is as it came out of the factory to my policy. I had to send them photos and a report before they would beleive me it was standard.
So beware it may not be £4200

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back