Hey from Canada

invision

Torque Junkie
Car
2009 RTM
My name is Nick. I've been into hot rods and custom cars since I was a kid. For over 10 years, I've been learning the art of metal shaping starting out with a set of about 9 hammers, some dollies, and a 3/4" rubber mat and things have kinda evolved from there.

About 3 years ago I completed a mid-engine vehicle handcrafted from flat sheet metal entirely from scratch (not a rebody or kitcar) and taking 8 years (8000 hours) to complete. As for the powerplant, I used a 'hotrodded' 350 Chevy V8 mounted in a reverse rotation (pulleys facing the back of the car) manner to push as much weight ahead of the rear wheels. It's a bit "out there" for some...but a hell of a lot of fun to drive :twisted: Since then, a second more modern 500+HP version has been started.

I'd like to extend my hand in appreciation to all the members who have the same passion for cool cars and enjoy taking the time to share their knowledge and experiences.

tcsmileysign.gif

Hello and welcome to the site mate

sorry im lost when you said reverse mounted, if its that way hows the gear box putting power to the rear wheels?

Hi there, I hope you are well. May I wish you a warm welcome to TorqueCars, it is a pleasure to meet you.

You'll find us a pretty friendly bunch and I'm sure you'll start to love and enjoy the forums as much as we all do. (It gets quite addictive at times.)

Feel free to get involved in our other threads, all opinions are welcome and as they say "the more the merrier"! (It's also great when people start new threads and discussions and all adds to the great debate.)

Keep us up to date with your project as well, we like to see what people are getting up to with their cars.

Thanks for the great welcome! A lot of interesting posts here ... really enjoy reading what people have to share.

In regards to reverse mount powerplant... soon as my post count is up.. I'll put up a few pictures. The first vehicle was inspired and built with a late 60's theme in mind all out of steel(not as heavy as you may think)... and the car is "a bit out there" for some...but appreciate you checking out the workmanship behind it.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back