Here's to 2012...

MasterAuron

Very Senior Member
Car
Mk1 Focus RS
Hopefully a year of track action :amuse:

IMAG0108.jpg

Helmet was ok, it's the V2 Pro all Snell and ECE approved to meet MSA regulations, properly fireproof, kevlar chinstrap etc. Really good value compared to the well-known stuff where you are paying for the name.

Boots were expensive. A luxury but a gift from the misses. Again, FIA approved, Nomex lined and so so light. Karting boots would have/will do but I thought screw it let's get some fancy ones lol.

The only problem now is, if your walking around the paddock with them bad boys on, and there is a rich jimmy chav boy racer in a brand new RS, you are going to have to kick his arse on the time board!!! :bigsmile:

Living up in North Scotland (oil rig terrortory) I have to be carefull who I upset, becasue you could see some burbry wearing ''hoodie'' in halfords call you out for a race, at which point you laugh and agree only to find out he owns a brand new RS/Evo X FQ400/Impretza Cossie or simmiler as he earns £100000 a year working off shore!! :blink:

Living up in North Scotland (oil rig terrortory) I have to be carefull who I upset, becasue you could see some burbry wearing ''hoodie'' in halfords call you out for a race, at which point you laugh and agree only to find out he owns a brand new RS/Evo X FQ400/Impretza Cossie or simmiler as he earns £100000 a year working off shore!! :blink:

ooops :amazed:

Like the boots MA but I have no need for them with me driving an auto, don't have to worry about all that fancy footwork stuff across the pedals ;)

Last edited:
:lol: It's amazing what that auto box of yours is taking! :amazed:

:lol: I know! If God forbid anything should ever happen to that remarkable gearbox, I shall have it stripped out and polished and made into some sort of furniture for my study! It has done me proud to date and will never ever be allowed to fall into the hands of a none believer! :amuse:

You not putting a big boy box in when you get your AWD???

Id have a full sequential if I was you. If your going above 400bhp then your going to need a stronger clutch, and maybe up your box to a 6, so you may as well go the whoe hog and spend the extra eight grand and get a sequential. :D

Gearboxes are still one of the things I'm having to look into for this years "Project X" mission! My options appear limited at the moment but then I have not spoken to everybody yet ;)