help

dre

Car
honda s2000
s2000 needs help

hi ive had my s2000 for about 3weeks and want to fit an induction kit. but dont know if this is good idea.done a bit of research and found that standerd air box is pretty good. should i just fit the spoon replacement filter? also read that if dont get cold air to induction kit will lose power and not gain. need advice please help.

Last edited:
problem is, as youve found out, honda make their engines flow well to begin with. both on the intake and exhaust. you can get better gains from the likes of spoon, gruppe and AEM downside these can cost mega money. AEM V2 is around £300 iirc gruppe can cost closer to the grand mark.

dont think you can get the basic induction kits or something like the s2000 what your likely to find is cold air intakes which sit far away from the engine to supply it with cold air.

which one do you recomend and do you think it will give me more bhp than replacing it with spoon replacement filter?

which one do you recomend and do you think it will give me more bhp than replacing it with spoon replacement filter?

How much have you got to spend?
Pgarner gave some good advise with AEM but like he said they can be costly. Your engine is a high performance engine anyway so try to make it faster will cost you money. It all depends on your budget and how much your willing to spend on an induction kit.
Spend the money an yes it will be more gains than a panel filter replacement.

wouldnt mind spending up to 300 pounds if its going to be noticeable power gain.obviously not goining to be huge. would like to hear from someone who has had one...or something similar...

wouldnt mind spending up to 300 pounds if its going to be noticeable power gain.obviously not goining to be huge. would like to hear from someone who has had one...or something similar...

With an induction kit you generally notice a power difference in the high end of the rev range.
On an engine like your's with the right amount of cold air to it you will notice a difference.

s2000

my car handels beautifully i got the 2002 model which had the chassis and suspension revised. anyway think am going to put on throtlte bodies on instead.:D

Re: s2000

my car handels beautifully i got the 2002 model which had the chassis and suspension revised. anyway think am going to put on throtlte bodies on instead.:D

You talking about ITB's? They sound awesome on Vtec's.
I would of thought you wouldn't need any suspension mods unless you was going for silly power as the S2000 is a sports car anyway and should be able to handle a few extra Horses.