help

BMWKid05

Car
1990 535i 3.5L
I might do a winning bid on a nice, clean and I think turbo 1990 535i. Could someone tell me what I could do for the best performance for riding around with friends in their fast cars going 180 when I can only get a lil over 120 in my Jetta, and ofc showing off the rumble, speed and style of the cheap 90's car I like that isn't that bad in general, because I cant afford a skyline preferably low millage clean and slammed. I don't want to get to deep into upgrading I just want a lot more power that isn't too much for a daily driver in the streets and a fun driving manual that I will never get sick of driving around. So give me a list of little things to increase the speed and power of this car. If I like the options I have I will see on buying it but its got 4 days left in the bid and its at 5k currently. So here is the link to check out this deal that looks good so far. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1990-bmw-535i-20/

I might do a winning bid on a nice, clean and I think turbo 1990 535i. Could someone tell me what I could do for the best performance for riding around with friends in their fast cars going 180 when I can only get a lil over 120 in my Jetta, and ofc showing off the rumble, speed and style of the cheap 90's car I like that isn't that bad in general, because I cant afford a skyline preferably low millage clean and slammed. I don't want to get to deep into upgrading I just want a lot more power that isn't too much for a daily driver in the streets and a fun driving manual that I will never get sick of driving around. So give me a list of little things to increase the speed and power of this car. If I like the options I have I will see on buying it but its got 4 days left in the bid and its at 5k currently. So here is the link to check out this deal that looks good so far. https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1990-bmw-535i-20/
So help me decide on a good engine swap thats not to costly but effective and durable

Turbo engines are always a good bet for a swap, they are lighter and generally stronger, are you changing the gearbox as well?

Don't dismiss weight reduction either, a heavy car like this will feel much faster if you can lose some of that bulk.

What is your budget? A set of faster cams, a low boost supercharger and uprated intake/fuelling should really pep up this engine.

Turbo engines are always a good bet for a swap, they are lighter and generally stronger, are you changing the gearbox as well?

Don't dismiss weight reduction either, a heavy car like this will feel much faster if you can lose some of that bulk.

What is your budget? A set of faster cams, a low boost supercharger and uprated intake/fuelling should really pep up this engine.
My budget is 12k, thanks for the advice!