help stepping up..

newguy808

Car
1995 Honda civic Ex
New to cars..I really only know basic stuff about cars.. I am interested in learning a whole lot more.. I want to step it up with my car.. I want to turbo it but I'm sketchy on how things work.. I don't want to just have a shop install my kit for me.. If the result comes to that, I would at least like to know how things work wen I'm driving it..so i know what I'm doing and what i need to do if something happens.

Basic over view of what i got:

1995 honda civic Ex 1.6L Vtec
d16z6
p28 ECU
5speed with rebuilt tranny
7lb lighten flywheel
Exedy Stage 1 clutch (daily driver)
DC racing Headers to Straight piping (Decat) to Apexi Exhaust
Weapon R secret weapon intake w/ air kit
DME Aftermarket rear LCAs
Front LCAs just changed OEM (both brand new)

This is all basically what I have done, got, that probably has anything to do with if I want to turbo my car (suspension..not really) Now...
What I am wondering is what needs to be done, in order to turbo my car?
I am aware I need to chip, remap, the ECU, otherwise bye-bye engine. I am also aware that for my car, a smaller turbo and low boost is recommended. What I don't understand is, how does the boost control work? What exactly am I controlling with that? Is it the amount of air being inducted? I'm guessing that I'm going to need to change out the Fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, and injectors as well?

Engine wise, what basic stuff can I do to make the engine stronger? Remember, as I stated previously, I do not just want to drop it off at a shop and have them do it. If there are things I can do on my own at home, I am willing to do them.

Also, because better/increased air flow to the engine is a plus.. I was just wondering how hard it is to change the Throttle Body? I would like to maybe put on a 70mm.

Replies are very much appreciated. Sorry for all the questions. I am very interested in doing this, I am very interested in learning a whole lot more. Most people learn from friends, my friends are not into cars.. I am learning alone. thank you

Greetings and Welcome to TorqueCars My Friend! :)

I am sure somebody will be along any moment now to help you with your questions.

Good luck :)