help please!!!!!!!!!!

one in a million

Road Burner
Car
CLIO 182 YAY!!
Why isit when i turn my car on first thing in the morning, the rev counter goes up to 1000 rpm, then drops right to zero, and then it crawls back up again, but if i go to rev it, it will conk out. I have to leave it for a couple of minutes before i pull away. and even when i go to drive, the car judders a bit when i change gear, but when the engine warms up properly it runs smootly, it just doesnt seem like a normal thing to do. especially when i saved up 3000 grand to buy it, my old banger was more reliable

please help lol, thanks:)

Get a diagnostic check done and see if there are any error codes. It could be a temp sensor or cracked vacuum line that causes this sort of thing when cold.

well my girlfriends brother is a mechanic, he did his diagnostic test but there wasnt nothing to worry about. my thermomter in the car does say 40 degrees celcius when really it 8 degrees outside, where abouts could this cracked vacuum be on my clio do you know? and if its the choke that why it probabl wants to conk out then. thanks

itll be a coolant temp sensor. doubt it would ustilise the external temp sensor that the dashboard uses as these are prone to getting broken off in just about every car. there could be another one somewhere on the intake for the actual air temp as it goes into the engine.

as for where a vacum leak could be, see all those hoses under the bonnet - the ones without water in them - any of them.

just a thought when was the last time the throttle body was cleaned ? might be worth removing it and seeing how black it is inside