Help on finding the right air filter for skoda superb 1.9 tdi 130bhp

Fireonsunny

Wrench Pro
Car
skoda superb1.9cdti
Hi im trying to find the right preformance pannel filter for my skoda superb 1.9tdi 130 bhp pd engine its a 04 plate but i dont know if its a mark one type or mark two can anyone help me on this ? Any help would be appriciated

Thanks Fireonsunny

Go on the ( I think ) Britskoda site and ask them. Top knowledgeable bloke comes from over your way............. well Lincoln, but not that far !!

I'm not sure that there's much to be gained with panel filters. They're pricey and need cleaning etc. Just change the paper one every 5000 miles or so - they're dead cheap

I'm not sure that there's much to be gained with panel filters. They're pricey and need cleaning etc. Just change the paper one every 5000 miles or so - they're dead cheap[/QUOTE

Hi HDi thanks for reply iv been looking into it and you get better throtal response and a little more bhp that is why i was getting one also the fact that there is more pipes coming out my air box that dont know what they are so can't up a k&n cone on any ideas?

The thing with diesels is that they don't have throttles anyway so response won't change at all. I don't think a drop in oily panel flow better than clean paper filters. OK - a filthy one will not be as good as a filthy oiled one but you'd probably not let it get that bad anyway.

The other problem is that you're going to make the car very noisy and uncouth with a cone filter.

Thirdly - diesel engines typically provide strongest torque at modest revs where they're not gasping for huge lungfuls of air in the way that a petrol engine is as 6000+rpm.

Happy hunting - and by the way - welcome to the 'appy 'ome otherwise known as torque cars.

Lol cheers HDi i dont want the big noise of the car but do want to hear the turbo more tbat was the only reason for cone but gone off idea of cone now anyway lol but on k&n website it says they are made for desials and that you do get better response of car not saying your not right pal just saying what k&n are saying. What do you think to putting a exhaust on it to hear the turbo more ? And thanks for the welcome :)

Lol cheers HDi i dont want the big noise of the car but do want to hear the turbo more tbat was the only reason for cone but gone off idea of cone now anyway lol but on k&n website it says they are made for desials and that you do get better response of car not saying your not right pal just saying what k&n are saying. What do you think to putting a exhaust on it to hear the turbo more ? And thanks for the welcome :)

Hello again :)

I have to be honest here-I've never modified a car significantly. When I had my car remapped the turbo hiss was much more apparent immediately. Didn't increase the noise levels as such, just replaced that little tiny bit of diesel thrum with a cultured scream. Very nice indeed

hey again pal :)
Now you are talking my kind of noise that is what im after do you think i would be better off just going for the remap then ?

Already told you to go on the Skoda site ,where THEY can tell you the specifics of what you should or shouldn't do.:blink1: On here it is a tendancy for a generic response..... not that the responce is not worth while of course ! :D
At times folk should just do want they want and find out the results for themselves..........................sometimes they suprise themselves with what they can achieve....................................................or are we all still living in caves dragging the other half around by the hair !! :amuse: :toung:

The remap will make a monstrous difference to the performance of your car. I wasn't suggesting you don't fit an alternative filter as well but I truly think the gains will be negligible. The engine is the tried and test VW 1.9 unit and it's well known to tuners.

Check out Celtic Tuning (and others) for potential torque and power increases.