Help needed.

Pompeyboysf

Car
Vauxhall insignia
Morning all. Am new to the site so be gentle with me!!! I have a vauxhall insignia 2.0td auto which has been remapped to 200 bhp and I am looking for an induction kit that will do the car justice. Can anybody recommend one that is compatible and worth the money??

Thanks in advance
Pompeyboysf

Greetings and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend!

Good to have you along with us :)

I would suggest sticking to the big names, K&N, ITG, Green Filter, Simota etc. Just have a look on their websites and punch your car model in for a list of suitable models. Ideally you want an enclosed model which will make it less likely to suffer from heat soak thus robbing the engine of power. You won't see any significant gains in power for the engine that you have but you will get more of a roar from the induction noise. If your happy with that then I am happy for you. Don't let any one put you off with tales of it's not needed. If you want it then you fit it ;)

Thanks T9 man, I will take your advice. Some sites say it's not worth it but it's the roar I want! I will try and go with the enclosed as I have heard what the engine heat can do, thanks again mate! :bigsmile:

As T9man said, stick with reputable brands. However, on a diesel you won't gain any noise. Maybe a little turbo chatter.

Not unless you want to fit one. For your power rating and for what you are looking for, I would leave the exhaust alone and save some money.

Thanks for the advise chaps, might just upgrade the current panel filter and leave it at that, I think they do a sports panel filter don't they?