Help me out

What do you think is the future focus of the Volvo brand?

• Total voters

mobleymgmtco

I need selling points in regards to volvo tuning to market here in America. Suped up volvo's here are virtually unheard of, accept for the S60 R that just won the GT event at Mosport built by AT motorsports. So if anybody can think of some 2 liners that will help me generate an interest in the US, with your permission I'd like to add them it to the paper that I am writing regarding the shift towards performance that I see as the future of the volvo brand.

an advert that was over here in the UK for a short period was 'Safe Sex' - for the C70.
out of all the Volvos my parents and I have had, they have increased in performance and luxury. Since other manufacturers have improved safety, Volvo i don't feel use is as a prime selling point now. They're marketing them as a mid market between Executive and safety. Kind of a posh family car.
I do tend to find any performance parts for volvos are in America, maybe it's just the marketing or the manufacturers, but the 240 i've heard is a big tuner over there, especially the Chevy small-block engine swap.

Comfort-Style and Performance
Surprise the Ricer next door-beat him in a Volvo

Safe for the Family - Fun for the weekend
Volvo - a car for all your needs.

Just some thought for you to chew on.
I wish more was done over here to promote their performance side, although maybe then my insurance wouldn't be so cheap.

Some interesting points there Only-happy (welcome to the site). The T5 is an awesome car and it is a shame that there are so few performance mods here in the UK but that is something I'm sure that will change.

Now that Ford are putting an aged Volvo engine in their new Performance Focus theres sure to be some decently priced bits for it, although the T5 is much easier to get parts for than my 2.0t S40. Mine's considered old now - 2001 - chips have been dis-continued for it.

To find parts i tend to use
Volvo parts online,
Volvo motorsport
kalmar union
Eurosport Tuning
Motorsport world is a good one. if you find the part, they'll beat anyone elses price.

I'm not sure whether that was supposed to be sarcastic or not Waynne!
But i take a great deal of pleasure in pointing out to a lot of the Volvo haters i know that their new dream car - The focus RS has the T5 engine in it. After all the ribbing i've had over the years for driving volvos, it's fun to make them eat their words. Most people i know didn't know.
I apologise for taking it the wrong way if you weren't being sarcastic though.

ad idea

i had an 850t5 prior to my newer v70 tdi(chipped for his pleasure) on the number plate i had a small sub text which read "The Flying Wardrobe Lugger" got a few laughs and raised eyebrows :shock: when i passed bemmers and audis on the A9 home from ikea loaded to the neck with gerfurken and kopft :D

hello by the way.

Ooo Ooo

just had another idea; you could set up a 1/4 mile open day with prize monies to the winner but you have to do it with a washing machine and tumble dryer in the back :) if you cant get them in you cant play :(

Now that Ford are putting an aged Volvo engine in their new Performance Focus theres sure to be some decently priced bits for it, although the T5 is much easier to get parts for than my 2.0t S40. Mine's considered old now - 2001 - chips have been dis-continued for it.

To find parts i tend to use
Volvo parts online,
Volvo motorsport
kalmar union
Eurosport Tuning
Motorsport world is a good one. if you find the part, they'll beat anyone elses price.

hi mate have you tried (VT) volvo tuning in bromsgrove they supply rica chip tuning for most of the volvo range might be worth checking out there web site or a telephone call.