Help me decide on my first project car

AuJezus

Car
Vw gold
Hello fellas!

So I want to get my hands dirty and try modding somekind of project car.

My vision for this car is to be unique and fast, i would like for it to be able to gap the cocky bmw's in my country. Would like for it to have atleast 400hp.

For some reason I want it to be an opel. This might be because i grew up with my parents driving opel or maybe just cause in my country opel's is considered a trash can on wheels and I would like to see the looks in their faces when they get gapped by it.

Current models im looking into is the astra g coupe or the convertible version of it. But i'm not sure if it's possible to gain 400-500 hp on those motors without it exploding. So I was thinking about a swap for a better one, which is more tunable, something maybe like 6 cylinder if that would fit. I would really like to drive this model because it's my taste and my mom drove it. Would like to get yout opinions on this, which engine to swap or maybe the opel astra g is garbage and you would have a headache tuning it or maybe you could tune it to 400-500 hp?

Thanks in advance!

I'm gonna try a Hyundai , they use a theta (world engine) engine and are readily available for cheap ,. Also similar engines to the 4g63 engine so some parts work on them I hear :)