Help Honda Integra DC2 Jackson Racing Supercharger

brolly727

Car
Honda Integra DC2
Hi all,

My brother has a JDM Integra Type R (DC2) we have a Jackson Racing supercharger on it. It was mapped once but the piston broke so when we asked around a few people said use low compression pistons. So we brought low compressions and went to another well known tuning house. They said the supercharger wasn't boosting even though the boost gauges were showing it as working. They said 8:1 is far far too low for a Type R and should be more like 10 or 11:1

I'm confused now... as the car has broken down and we can't even get the car to start up anymore. we did not press the car and all of a sudden whilst driving we lost power completely. Any thoughts or ideas please this has been something my brother has been looking forward to for months now... Any help would be most most welcome

Mapping probably. Loads of B18's run the kit with low boost and standard compression with 100% reliability, either your boost was too high, mapping was crap or a combinaton of both by the sounds of it.

How do they know the supercharger wasn't boosting if the car wasn't running? Have you got any pics of the damage?

Mapping probably. Loads of B18's run the kit with low boost and standard compression with 100% reliability, either your boost was too high, mapping was crap or a combinaton of both by the sounds of it.

How do they know the supercharger wasn't boosting if the car wasn't running? Have you got any pics of the damage?

Hi MasterAuron

the pistons right now are 8:1 with 11psi pulley. The car was running on a ramp and he took it out for a spin at the moment the engine just wont turn over so hope to carry out a compression test soon to determine what exactly went wrong. Thank you for replying though many thanks :)

are you sure the garage had a clue what they were on about ?
standard the typre R will be around 101:1 but thats very high for boosting

I do believe them as they are quite well known and have won many time attack events with extremely high BHP cars they weren't just any side garage... thats right i believe the standard type R is 10:1

The car just lost all power all of a sudden no bang or anything... it could have been mapped wrong but i guess until we don't do a compression test we won't know :(

Where was it mapped?
Scooby clinic by any chance?

Hi Turbonutter69 i don't really want to give the garage's name as i'm not entirely sure it is their fault.... so don't want to give them a bad name.... they are well known and in the noth... definitely not Scooby Clinic.

Ahh ok no worries. I only ask as I can only think of Scooby Clinic around these parts that take part in Time Attack.

Yeah no problem... I didn't know they did but id Imagine they run in a different class. Thank you for all the help though :) just hope we can get this sorted...

might be injector seized ? my mate's honda got a splited/broken piston because one injector wasn't working properly.... together with a remap and so on , not a good thing...
spark plugs are worth a check also. try a diferent set (colder/hoter) .

11psi pulley gives 11psi at the inlet manifold? That sounds pretty high for a B18 tbqh. Injector failing is unlikely but no impossible, doubtful it's plugs because usually you will have other issues like misfiring before any sort of major failure, and I imagine you've already had a look at them?