Help from Old Git hopefull 1/4 estimation

pccapri

Car
Ford Capri 5.0v8
hi this is a message for old git. Hopefullly you can input my data into your 1/4 mile simulation simulator so I know roughly what im aiming for at the track.
Not sure what your parameters are for an accurate result,

My basic details are:
approx. 250 bhp.
Diff ratio: 4.77
Rear tyre size: 165/60/13
Car weight: 980kg approx.

Not sure on gearbox as havent ID'd yet. Do you need any more info than this. I tried a basic online one and it came up with 12.8. But think this is too optimistic.

Hi. Probably a tad optimistic. Punched in 250bhp into my car's spec and got 12.91 and it only weighs 650Kg.

Not enough info to get an accurate simulation:

Car make and model
BHP @RPM
Lb/Ft @RPM
Engine size
Redline RPM
Gear ratios (if you don't know, chose one of your options)
Weight on front wheels %
Frontal area
Overall height
Overall width (ignoring mirrors)
Ground clearance
Driver weight (don't lie!)
Make of tyre

Last edited:
Hi. Probably a tad optimistic. Punched in 250bhp into my car's spec and got 12.91 and it only weighs 650Kg.

Not enough info to get an accurate simulation:

Car make and model
BHP @RPM
Lb/Ft @RPM
Engine size
Redline RPM
Gear ratios (if you don't know, chose one of your options)
Weight on front wheels %
Frontal area
Overall height
Overall width (ignoring mirrors)
Ground clearance
Driver weight (don't lie!)
Make of tyre

Give Steve all that information, or take the car to santapod / Avon park / York. and have a go....lol

Give Steve all that information, or take the car to santapod / Avon park / York. and have a go....lol

That is always the best way of finding out. But if the car is not finished, it is interesting to have an idea of what the car should do.

Prior to deciding on such things as gear box and diff ratios suimulation allows many combinations to be tried out. You won't get an exact time/speed but you will see how what different ratios affect the outcome.

Expect to struggle to achieve the simulation result until you are used to the car and track.