help for tuning astra 2.2 bertone

have herd a bit about remapping what sort of price would i be looking at? and are the gains really worth it? also is there an alternative?

Hiya mate,
all depends on what you want from your car.
a remap is £280 which will give you 12bhp more and approx 15% more torque.
all remaps have a lifetime warranty and we are mobile so price includes us coming out to you..
have a look on my website for more info on remapping..:)

steve

www.sr-performance.co.uk

i will check it out. put an induction kit on today and to be honest i have not really noticed anything appart from more noise!

Have you got a cold feed going to the filter? some cars respond better to a change to a freeflow panel filter , and sometimes they just take a while to adapt..
having a remap after you've done your mods makes everything work together..

steve

by cold feed do you mean cold air getting to filter? if so then yes. the filter i have got has got a fine mesh and some cottn type material all the way around and on top. i am assuming this allows more air in aiding combustion? dont understand how it can take a while to adapt? have you any other tweaking tips?

scott does the filter sit in the engine bay or down in the wheel arch area ?

if its just a cone where the airbox used to sit it will just e sucking in the hot air from around the engine. you can get ducting - halfords sell 3" alu ducting for around £10 - which you can fit low down in the grill to supply cold air from the outside to the filter

I'd say to also get a sports exhaust and sport cat. More air into the engine will logically require more air out as well. The induction kits add to peak power particularly so you should notice a little more free revving in the top end. Give the engine 200 miles or so to adjust itself.

I bet you like the induction noise?

my air filter is sitting directly behind my front grill but will check out halfords at some point thanks. have been looking at some different exhausts but there is so many to choose from that make bclaims to improve performance but am a bit unsure weather or not to chane it as i currently have an imerscer exhaust system. i herd also changing the manifold can help is this true?

and yes love the growl from the induction! :-]

The irmscher setup is quite good so you will be ok with that. Look at sports cats though. Headers (exhaust manifolds) do make a bit of a difference but only about 3-5% more power.

What about some fast road cams and a lighter flywheel?

what sort of price range am i looking at for a sports cat? have not really looked into cams and fly wheels so dont really know a lot about them, but listening to all the different things that will help i think i will do remap last so everything works together better. think first thing now will be exhaust system manifold or header and cat and go from there i think. just gotta try and find out what sort of prices i will be looking at