HELP!!Flash dash shine pad disaster

jackadee

Car
Toyota Auris 2010
Hi everyone,
Just joined and need some helpasap!!
I stupidly wiped the dashboard of our new Toyota Auris with CarPlan Flash dash dashboard shine pad!! (i thought it was just a anti-static wipe cloth)its not looking good! i didn't do the whole of it thankgoodness! BUT i think i may have ruined the finish!! is there anything i can do to remove it asap?
Help!
Jackadee:(

dont think you will have damaged the finish as if its a shine pad chances are it will be silicone based to give it a shine.
have you tried washing it with a damp cloth ?

Hi
Thanks for replying
have washed with soapy water and its not as shiney but its darkened the dashboard!! and you can see its different. My husband is not happy!perhaps i need something that will remove silicone finish?
jackadee

Have you checked the packet in detail it might say what's really in it.

Alcohol (the kind you get in hand sanitisers like isopropanol ) can take some stuff off while being relatively mild. Anything harsher( e.g. acetone - nail varnish remover) could damage the dash it's self!

Cd cleaner and a micro fibre cloth or felt pad is all you need. Once I polished my brake pedals with flash dash!:( I really REALLY REALLY regretted this!)

Cd cleaner and a micro fibre cloth or felt pad is all you need. Once I polished my brake pedals with flash dash!:( I really REALLY REALLY regretted this!)

Slightly off subject but a few years back, I was off to a bike show and decided to polish up my break disks on my Hornet using WD40!!! What an idiot!!!!! You only make a mistake like that once in a lifetime! Luckily it wasn't my time to make the last mistake of my lifetime! lol

i know of someone else who did that. granted he was told to grease the brakes

I've had someone try and pull that on me.

Him:"Mate, your brakes are squeeky. You should oil them."

Me:"If I didn't know you were winding me up, I'd say you were winding me up."

The scary one was an old guy who came into Kwik-Fit whilst I was waiting for my work vehicle to be re-shod. Daft bugger wanted the wheel nuts removing and grease applying. Obviously the Kwik-Fit guy refused.