help advice needed asap

xedan

Wrench Pro
Car
bmw e36 2.8 sport
rite iv got a car that ive owned for 2 years and its up for sale at the moment the problem is that a person came round to have a look and hpi d it and it has come up as a stolen loss and owner ship rests with insurers so what does this mean to me the date of the theft was 03 2005 and its had 2 owners plus me since then so why hasnt it been pulled up yet i have been told that the insurers could have just not up dated there files is this possable help please

Have you got the log book? If you have and it's in your name I can't see a problem. Ring them up and tell them it's a mistake or needs updating.

I'd be very carefull in this situation. Having the log book doesn't neccessarely mean that you are the legal keeper. It may be worth going to your local police station and asking them if they have anything on their system.

rite been on phone and it turns out it was stolen then recovered then sold on but the insurance never up dated there file so on there files it was still missing so they have now up dated 5 years after theft and its sill mine thanks for your help