HELP!!!! a3 agn 1.8 20v wont start

niko169

Car
a3 1.8 20v
hi guys new to the site and was wondering if any 1 could help me I have an a3 1.8 20v that don’t start I have had her plugged in and nothing then got told it could be timing or blocked exhaust checked timing that’s fine took the manifold of and still the same as u turn the key it will rev to 2000 then die some times will idle but bounces from 200 - 2000 sounds 2 me as a sensor that is telling wrong signals but I have no idea 1 other thing if u press the accelerator it seems 2 chock its self but other times it will rev out then die would appreciate all your help thanks nick

Last edited:
That woz abi hard to reed!! it helps if you do a spell check or at least edit and fix the mistakes.
Check your fuel pressure regulator and fuel pump.
could be anything really, but you need to go through an elimination process to find the culprit. Could be the O2 sensor is gummed up. If you have a multi meter it would help you to check the voltage reads of all the different sensors.
Then there's the temprature sensor.
I don't know anything about your model of vehicle but the holdens get issues due to the ECU getting faulty reads from the temp sensor which the ecu uses (along with the O2 sensor and TPS sensor +++) to give appropriate fuel mix.
Some times you can get away with taking the temp sensor out and cleaning it. Worth a look at because it will cost you nothing if it is the culprit.

Last edited: