Help 206gti mod gone wrong

Acid

Car
206 GTI180
GOOD DAY
im from south africa ,firstly support on pugs are not very good here.
i decided to take my 206 gti180 to get modified but things have gone wrong. the motor was balanced .heads done cams done fly wheel lighted even the rings where replaced with lighter ones. also solid lifters where put in.A decat was done and a microprocessor fitted, the motor is fine but the microprocessor is not working. The car is running slower than before. think the timing is retarted.1st and 2 gear its hell slow. the guy that is doing my car says it will be better after i do 3000km and we go back in for the dyno but im not seeing that happen....any suggestions?

Biggest suggestiopn I can give you is dont even think about trying to see what the power is like until you do the 1000mile run in for the engine. If you dont run the engine in you could face damage that would exceed the work you already had done. Wait until the has done a few miles, then when you test it, take the revs all the way up as you may actually have a lto of top end power due to the cams, retarded timing and chip/microprocessor. This can happen and you end up losing power in the bottom end of the revs but have much much more in the top end. This is a common resault for cammed and retarded engines.

the Mechanic reacons i can rev the motor up???!!!!!he said if the motor was not done right only then will it get damaged, havt rode the car hard yet cos im not to sure. Any how before i took the car to him i checked up on him and his previous work was excellent.turbo,noz you name it though he is a VW expert. Perhaps i should have abit more patience:blink:

I think he may have set the fuelling on the conservative side to help with the run in period. He may well be right and when you get on the rolling road again he will set it up for full power. Be patient

He should have explained that to me ,i did voice my concerns but all reply i got was it ought to get better.I spend a #!#!#!#! load of cash on it ,dont want ought to get better!!! But lets see ,car is going in tomorow for dyno
ill wait and see what happens.Also i havespoken to a guy from the UK who says he can re-program my org chip.So i have a back up plan

No no no lol. Your mechanic is slightly talking out his bottom so to speak. There is a rule of thumb with any new engine and people that know from experience also will tell you, never give a car any kind of hard driving until you have done the 1000 mile run in. The damage can be quite bad if you dont.