Hello...

tarmac terror

Car
BMW E63 M6
Hi, just discovered this forum and thought id register.

I'm originally from Scotland but now live in Hampshire. Im what you would call an avid car fan (like the rest of you I'm sure). I drive a BMW M3 SMG conv and a Nissan R32GTR both of which I absolutely love to bits for different reasons.

Active on the GTROC forum and thought I'd spread my wings a bit further :cheesy:

Scott

Hello there and a very warm welcome to TorqueCars. Good to have you along. You have some serious cars there. Which is your favourite? Which do you do the most miles in?

You'll have to meet MrB and Econ both are Skyline Nuts (they tend to take them to bits quite often as well!)

I bet you still consider yourself Scottish? Its in the blood. Quite a few on here are from Scotland so you are in very good company.

Thanks for the welcome guys...appreciated.

Waynne - My favourite is the GTR. I have dreamed about owning an R32 since they came out in '89 when I was 16. I finally got round to buying one 2 years ago. I really dont know why I waited so long to get one. Its had a small amount of tuning as GTR's go (380bhp) but I have BIG plans for the next 6 months or so. Its off the road at the moment which gives me a perfect opportunity to get it exactly how I want it. Ideally I'm looking for around 550 at the wheels with decent response.......
Thankfully I used to be a mechanic so I can fit all my own mods/parts etc. Unfortunately in the Skyline world parts and labour dont come cheap so I can thank my lucky stars I know what I'm doing. :)

As for being from north of the border...well.....I'm proud of it. Strangely, where I live now I constantly hear the odd Scottish accent. At work there are absolutely LOADS of us :). Makes for good banter I can tell you. I actually like England as a place but I will NEVER, EVER support the English footie team when they are playing foreigners. Its a matter of principle....heh-heh... :toung::toung::toung::lol::lol:

TT

Hey I know a lot of English that don't support the football team! ;)

550 is a good power level for the GTR. It gives a well mannered car on the road and makes it a fun track day car.

Have Scotland got a Football team? :lol::lol:

No, but at least we know we are rubbish.:( The English hype their team up to the hilt and have looks of utter disbelief when they get a pasting. To be fair I think its the media's fault for hyping them up so much. But IMHO you lot seem to look at the team through rose tinted specs :D.

Also during any major tourney, England ALWAYS get the easy group :D. The rest of us have to soldier on through much harder groups. No wonder England get to the Semi's and beyond.

:toung::toung::toung:

Waynne - EXACTLY the reason for keeping the HP sensible. I am planning on builing the car as a track monster for me and the missus while at the same time using it on the road as and when the mood takes me. Driven a couple of (claimed) 700hp GTR's and while blisteringly quick were nigh on useless for the road.

TT

Last edited:
It would be worth talking to Reef at SVA imports. He has a nice NurSpecII which he took to around 500bhp.

No, but at least we know we are rubbish.:( The English hype their team up to the hilt and have looks of utter disbelief when they get a pasting. To be fair I think its the media's fault for hyping them up so much. But IMHO you lot seem to look at the team through rose tinted specs :D.

Also during any major tourney, England ALWAYS get the easy group :D. The rest of us have to soldier on through much harder groups. No wonder England get to the Semi's and beyond.

:toung::toung::toung:

I'll admit that England suck at the moment...but I will argue that we have huge potential. As for the easy group...Scotland are considered to be an easy team so you'll never really have an easy group.

Anyway, welcome to the forum mate! I'd love to see some pics of both your rides (you'll need 10 posts first though). I've always wanted a Skyline as well! :amuse:

An England vs Scotland match would be good to watch! ;) Perhaps if we would just all pool resources and have a British team we might win something? :lol:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back