hello

Alright bud, welcome to the forum! What's been done to the Polo? What plans do you have?

P.S. I moved your post into the 'Say Hello and Introduce' section.

nice one thanks. well its been lower 40mm all round. got a K&N induction kit and a rage exhaust. just a back box though. thats all ive done at the moment but im concidering buying a power boost valve. i read an artical on hear about it. sounded good. what do you think is the next best mod to do to get a nice power gain?

Well, I just read that you have a hole in your exhaust, so why not replace it with a cat back Powerflow exhaust? That could give you up to 10 bhp and it'll improve your throttle response as well.

sounds good. were about would i be able to get one from. and if i brought a new stainless steel manifold. does that make any power difference?

well ive got a £500 spair i want to spend on tuning the engine. but the only thing im worrying about is that ive only got the 1.4 8v not a 16v. do you think its worth tuning or would it be better saving up 4 either a polo g40 engine or a 1.8 20v turbo out of a mk4 golf and dropping it into me polo?

Hi there mate its good to have you along. The G40 engine is a real stormer - PaulGolding had one and it was a proper quick car. A 1.8T conversion would give you the best power gain and a really good tuning base.

On your exisiting car I would get a fast road cam but you will really be better off putting the money into a new engine. At least you can do suspension mods etc, without having to undo it when you get the engine swap done.

cheers mate. its good to be hear. yeah the 1.8t was my 1st choice. was just wondering if the conversion is simple enough or would it be a pain in the ass?

Speak to a few of the guys that have done it. They will have tracked down suppliers and be able to offer a step by step guide. A G40 is much easier as it comes as an option on the Polo and you wont need custom engine mounts etc...

Its usually cheaper to buy a rear ended donor car and strip the parts off it as you need it. Then sell the interior/wheels etc and you'll get back a lot of the money you spent getting the write off.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back