hello

madman

Wrench Pro
Car
baleno 1.6gs(died)
hello there im v new jus to say hi, and if anyone can give me some tips on how to get hold of a turbo for a 1.6 suzuki baleno will be app:thanx!!

Last edited:
well im not really sure i no ill need 2 upgrade the brakes and ill do the shocks but money is a real issue so if it goes into the 1000's then ill prob jus ditch it and get a siearra cossie or pulsar(maybe). Im all quite new to modding so will need lots of tips and advice, i love this little car its got a lovely growl to it and for something as small as it is goes really well so would love for it to be able to compete against something a little quicker than a golf gti. although the other day i gave a calibra a run for its money from a standing start!!

well im not really sure i no ill need 2 upgrade the brakes and ill do the shocks but money is a real issue so if it goes into the 1000's then ill prob jus ditch it and get a siearra cossie or pulsar(maybe). Im all quite new to modding so will need lots of tips and advice, i love this little car its got a lovely growl to it and for something as small as it is goes really well so would love for it to be able to compete against something a little quicker than a golf gti. although the other day i gave a calibra a run for its money from a standing start!!

Modding costs a lot mate. How far into the thousands can you go? If you love the car that much, then it could be a really good project. You don't have to mod the entire car in 1 day! The best modded cars take years mate. If you are in need of advice mate just ask any of us...we're a friendly bunch!

money

im a family man mate so really gotta watch the pennys, kids cost lots(lol). But on the other hand im a petrol head and love fast nice looking cars. ive prob got bout £500-£1000 a year to spend maybe more if it was right for car, yeah the cars def worth it lots of potential. ideally id like to do underneath before i start visual stuff, thanx mate!!

about 100 im told but not sure? wot sort of reddies we looking at for 250 then mate, realise its not cheap but im startin to think my bank manager might come in handy if everything was right all round, its not like moneys not there jus really carefull where i like to spend it!!

I seem to say this alot (especially in the Honda forum!) but...engine conversion! I don't really know too much about Suzukis so I can't really comment on a donor car. But it'll be the quickest way to increase power and have a good platform to build more power. However, engine conversions cost a lot of money. Possibly your budget for a good few years. The standard 1.6 can be worked on, but it'll take a lot of money to take it from 100ish bhp to 250 bhp. Try this link as well, ask these guys a few questions as they should know about your car a lot better then I do:

http://www.clubaleno.co.uk/Phase_6/pages/news.htm

I'm not saying it can't be done, I'm just saying it'll take a lot of work.

cheers mate, i bought my car off a bloke that has posted pics on there(adam, england), so that car is now mine, thanks for your help!! i have to say theres no twin pipes on it and the engine dont look like that(been rebuilt me thinks)

Last edited:
That's quite nice mate! I'd say first upgrade should be the brakes. Personally I'd go for top of the range...but thats up to you. That will probably set you back a couple years worth of budget as the rear drums will need converting to disc and pads. I'm in the process of having this done on my Civic and it's going to cost me around £1500-2000. But the standard brakes won't cope with the extra power...so it has to be done.

yeah new brakes at back would have to be done jus didnt no they'd be so much but i think im gonna have to start somewhere, my car turns heads and i love it(my missus does to although she wouldnt admit it) bit sad really but hey ho. thanks mate

Hi Madman and welcome to TorqueCars. You could sell the kids and spend the money on the car. But if for some strange feeling of moral responsibility this is not something you would do I would focus on the handling first of all.

Get some nice springs/dampers and improve the brakes. I tend to wait till something needs replacing and then get a performance replacement. I don't like the idea of throwing away good working parts.

believe, ive tried sellin the kids but no takers(lol). thats a point about throwing away good stuff, that would suit me, already got springs so brakes would be next, recomend anything?

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back