Hello

dbrooky20gx

Wrench Pro
Car
Almera 2.0 GX
Hi everyone. Im Danny and i live in Northwich Cheshire UK, I have a red 5 door Nissan Almera 2.0 GX diesel, Its done 212 thou and sweet as a nut. Does anyone know if i can stick a Turbo under the bonnet/hood.

Greetings Danny and welcome! if there is an answer to your question, then this is the best place to find it, good luck! :)

Thanx guys lets get some boost in it first and then think about some tunes at a later date. Just got down to respray my bumpers today to make a start.

Hello and welcome to TorqueCars, nice to have you with us.

A turbo would require you to reduce the compression ratio of the engine, which is a bit of a pain to do. Plus you need to sort out an oil feed and get the turbo into the exhaust with the rest of the intake plumbing.

If you really want to add forced induction then I'd suggest you look at a low boost supercharger in place of the air conditioning pump.

Thanks Waynne, ive just been looking around and found my engine its a CD20 diesel, which was put in almera without a turbo and the same engine in the Primera with a turbo. So hoping it might still be a cheaper possibility.

theres a cheap option then, get one out of the primera and fit that.
although they may look the same on the outside youll find theres differences on the inside

SUPER / TURBO ? charger hmmmmm

thinking of going down the Super Path any advice on an appropriate model and make Could always make a fitting or something (bodge it sort of thing) if there was a unit off another vehicle other than a nissan would suit. you guys are so friendly by the way never joined a forum before always a bit scared i think.

not sure on how diesels take to supercharging. mostly they seem to be turbocharged. fitting the supercharger wouldnt be too hard as long as you can find a belt the correct length. but again theres the high compression that a diesel runs on.

problem with going outwith the same brand is that you can run into issue due to differences in ECU and wiring.

have you thought about the 2.2 turbo diesel form the later Almera?

This afternoon i changed my dash clocks to white dials, but there out of a gti, the speedo has 140 mph and the tacho goes to 8000 rpm as opposed to 120 mph and 6000 rpm. the tacho is bob on idles at 650ish but the speedo seems to go up slow and the car seems to bee moving quick at 30mph. i know the units are smaller going up but im just unsure. Is there any reason for it to read wrong.

yup the foils are different

are the 6000 and 8000 in the same places, same with 120 and 140

you can see if a garage can recalibrate the speedo for you

No the units are smaller on the tacho but it seems to have adjusted itself and tops out at about 5700. gona follow someone to see how far out the speedo is if any.

Dropping in a 2.2 would be a nightmare because of the the different looms and the fact that the more modern YD22 uses a lot more sensors to run it. The CD20 is of the oldie diesel which can actually work in your favour. As suggested (beaten to it!) stick in the CD20T from a P11 Primera. You'd need the ECU and loom too. Don't expect your interior loom to match up without a fight though! There's also NATS to think about, so make sure you take the ignition ring from the same Primera too.

From there you can mess around with the pump and turbo as it's all mechanical. Nice and easy, and is similar to tune like the Pug 306 Dturbo :) Gutless to start with though so the CD20 will need a lot of tinkering.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back