Hello

A

akira

Hi,

I have only recently caught the mod bug, I own a 1993 MR2 GT. I have started with the usual, new front bumper plus skirts and rear spats, interior changes and colour change, I have installed myself remote central locking, immobiliser and alarm system, plus made my own Lazy Eye kit for the headlights. I am wanting to become a motor electrician, I find electronics easy to follow, that is unfortunatly not the case with mechanics. Now im moving on to the engine I have come out of my depth, I would like to install a GT4 St205 Turbo lump, a few garages I have spoken to say the wont do conversions, the engines both have the same code (3S-GTE), although I am aware the MR2 Turbo is rear wheel drive and the Celica (ST205) is a 4 wheel drive, is there a big difference when fitting the engine? Is there significant performance differences than using a standard MR2 Turbo lump? The tech specs I have checked put the ST205 engine at 245 BHP and the MR2 Turbo at 225(not sure how accurate they are), I need some guidence, If anyone has any knowledge or experience on this it would be nice to talk.

Cheers

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back