hello

carwyn

Car
ford focus st-2
hello to everyone.. my name is carwyn, im from swansea in south wales.. i drive a 205 1.6 gti. Have also got a 1.9 in the garage, and i dont for the life of me know what to do with it. thought about the mi16 and the gti6 conv. but not sure which. i've heard that the mi16 has a problem with loss of oil or something? experienced opinions are most welcome... thanks in advance

Hello and welcome from me :bigsmile:

Sure someone more knowledgeable then me will be along soon who can answer your question.
Good cars the old 205GTIs. Love the old school handling feel and they're very collectable now, good values for unmolested ones :blink1:

Hi and welcome, it sounds like you enjoy your car projects then. I hope you enjoy your time on here as much as we all do!:D

Have you read the posts in our 205 forum? They suggest the Mi16 is a good option. As for oil leaks, if you recondtion the engine you shouldn't have trouble with that.

So why do you use the 1.6 and have the bigger and more fun 1.9 in storage?

Hi and welcome, it sounds like you enjoy your car projects then. I hope you enjoy your time on here as much as we all do!:D

Have you read the posts in our 205 forum? They suggest the Mi16 is a good option. As for oil leaks, if you recondtion the engine you shouldn't have trouble with that.

So why do you use the 1.6 and have the bigger and more fun 1.9 in storage?

hi thanks for the welcome everyone. bought the 1.6 last january because i've always wanted 1, loved them since i was a kid, i'd only been driving about 10 months so knew i wouldn't get insurance for the 1.9, any way my brothers mate had the 1.9 rotting away in storage, so i saved her. this was to be my 1st project, so i'm very inexperienced and i don't know what im letting my self in for.. anyway, i think im going to keep the 1.9 standard and then convert the 1.6 so that i can try them all.

th029.gif
to the forum!

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back