Hello to one and all!!

Evodaz

Car
Evo 9 412/398
Hi all, hope alls well and your new year has started of great :bigsmile:

My names Darren and live in Essex, Always been into my cars from a wee lad. First car being a R5 GT Turbo "3 of these" dam things!! to BMs To 3 Scoobys, Now settled in to Evo 9 FQ340 Running 412/398 thought il join and hang about :toung: thanks all hope to speak to you all soon.

Re guards
Daz

do you find the evo a better car than the scooby,

Well Iv always Wanted an Evo from the word go.. but they suffered alot in the earlier models with Cranks etc so went for the Scooby. Personal experience after 3 scoobs 1 being an STI they are great motors, with strong blocks "being a flat four" the sound was awesome. When they released the new "Mivec" Engine I had to get meself one. only introduced in the evo 9s and 10s. all in all there both great cars but the evo tops everything over the scoob in my opinion. The only thing i will say is the evo is a much more aggressive ride.

there was a lot of scoobys around here and know a couple of people that tune them and they say that there a bit bad for head gaskets and the header tank, but i must say they do sound the nuts.

Last edited:
Alot of scooby owners adventively go to the "Darkside" they call it lol at some point and most say they wouldnt go back... not all, but alot!! Inc me Ild never go back to a scoob. I had no issues with the scoob atall. the problem is as your prob well aware HG only normaly go with these type of cars with to much boost for standard Internals, or just not maintaining it correctly, the evo needs servicing every 4.5k miles, aint cheap to keep em on the road what with the £460 tax aswell lol. Next motors gonna be an RS4 maybe next year or the year after :)

Hello to Every members of this post. My name is karen and From United States and Now i am Out of USA for the tourist purpose. I love Evo cars rather than Scooby cars, because it has most distinguishing feature was a smooth bonnet with no air-grills on it at all.
Thank you

*Removed URL link as per our T&C's*

Greetings Transport00 and a Warm Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend!
Good to have you along with us :)

May I as the site admin wish you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars. It is really nice to meet you and I hope you'll be spending some time with us over the months to come.

You'll find us one of the friendliest and most helpful car tuning forums around.

What plans do you have for your car? I'm sure we can give you lots of ideas and suggestions if you need any.

Do feel free to chip in on our other topics and discussions, we are all here to share our passion for cars. Being friendly and helpful is a forum rule here and I'm sure you'll fit in just fine.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back