Hello Strangers!!!

BAD63R

Authorised Trader
Car
MG TF135
Hello peeps.

How is everyone these days? Been a good time since I was last about. Whats everyone been up to?

Hey welcome back buddy, I hoped you'd have a look at the amazing new forum.

I'm driving a diesel now! :( Audi 2.0 TDI 140 but I have my eye on another 40bhp soon! ;) That should help stem the boredom!

What about you? Are you driving a Volvo Estate to ferry your 7 kids to football practice now? :lol:

HA!!! Volvo estate... that's a good'n lol. Neh, driving what Tiff Nedell described as one of the best front wheel drive cars in the world (bet you can't guess what it is (those that know my threads etc might get it as I nearly bought one a couple of years ago).

Had a couple of cars since my black 3.2 converted Vectra gsi, which was fully ported and polished in the end along with all the other bits was running a lovely 240bhp naturally aspirated. But the motor I have now is by far one of the best cars I've ever owned, even over all my other motors lol.

Forum looks good buddy. Took me a mo to work out the navigation but all good. Noticed my Turbo conversion on my old Vectra is still in the articles ;)

If you had a Volvo you'd probably drop a v10 Lamborghini engine in it with a few extra turbo's strapped on!

There are still quite a few people interested in the Vectra project. I must get some more project cars to feature on here and expand and update that section.

Cheers guys.

And wayne, if I was doing anything to an Ovlov, I would simply use the Volvo V8 engine and bolt on 2 turbos (just like the new Noble) and drop in a C30 or S60 lmao ;)

Don't be silly lol, I said "one of the best FWD cars in the world" (as quoted by Tiff) not a chav mobile lol.

Try again lol ;) You should remember from an old thread of mine. Very nearly bought one a couple of years ago.

He says an old thread, like he's not posted 10000's of times on here! I read through many many threads and still haven't located the clue!

Right here come the p**s takes but genuinely highly rated.....

Mk 2 MG ZS 180 just hitting over 200bhp :)

20140925_1407061_zpsede66c18.jpg

P1040201_zps150670a5.jpg

Bits I've done are pretty much cosmetic apart from a full custom exhaust system from manifolds back, home made custom air filter, Honda S2000 brakes, Xpower springs and enlarged throttle body. Dark Ice Design Sheddist clutch kit to replace all the plastic Rover crap. Obviously much more will happen lol. Carbon fibred the front and rear splitters and the vents on the wings. Custom made mud flaps, and a couple of of home made stickers. Wont be doing anything else to the looks of it other than the wheels colour.

Considering my history of cars, I must admit that this beast is one of the best cars I've ever driven

They are often overlooked. I had a 220 GTi, which was a sort of MG! The engines in these are lovely, a neighbour of mine has had his cammed and it goes really really well.

I'm surprised you're keeping it so standard mechanically - I guess you have your sensible head on.

There must be some project lurking in the back of your mind though!

BUILD THREAD BUILD THREAD BUILD THREAD.

Keep us posted with your plans and progress. What's on the shortlist?

BUILD THREAD BUILD THREAD BUILD THREAD.

Turbo charged Honda engine ;) But if you know exactly what the ZS actually is under the skin, then it makes perfect sense ;)

Why? The balance and handling on these things is insane for a standard FWD car. It easily out handles my 3.2 Vectra B GSi which was on Coilovers and polly bushes. Even compares to my Scoobies. But wont be a 2.2 ;) Will be a 1.8 or the 2.0 from the Type R. Respond very to bolting a turbo kit on and will take 300+bhp on standard internals all day long. Plus will have stand alone management which will be a big plus.

That sounds like an awesome plan.

I don't know if I suggested this but what about starting a build thread?

Just went through my Photobucket for the first time in ages. I have a few things I could share. Got a small DIY for refurbing alloys. There is the full porting and polishing which is in the GSi thread if you want to use it as a guide. Got some carbon wrapping I could show off. plus a few other bits and bobs if any of it is any use Waynne ;)

That all sounds really interesting, just the sorry of thing we need. Thank you!

Post up some stuff in the diy guides section with the pics and I'll be able to grab them and create an article or 10 from them.

Yeh the 1.6 is a good strong engine. Its a Honda engine used. Main one to stay away from is the 1.8 as they have the head issues. The KV6 is a fantastic engine for the power, just suffers from the usual V6 thing of costing a fortune to get good numbers. I would be happy to do the T16 conversion but it's finding a decent donor.

I do not rate the T16 tomcat, they seem to leak oil prolifically and are not that reliable. It's a shame as they produce good numbers when tuned. I had many issues with the non turbo version of this engine which was totally rebuilt!

Wouldn't go Tomcat route ;), I'd go 820 Vitesse route. Slightly better built engine but nothing a steel gasket wouldn't sort. But yes these engine can take some crazy numbers if built right.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back