Hello my fello modders! can you help with my 106 s1?

richie106s1

Car
106 s1 1.0
HAY every body hows it goin, my names rich and i have joined here tonight to ask for some much needed advise, i have a lovely red 106 inca 1.0 debadged,stickers removed,rallye wheel arches,15"3 stud alloy wheels,rubber bump strips removed from both sides, cleaned every wheek end in and out without fail. this is a lovely little car, now here is my problem i baught the wheel arches for 75 pound on ebay(bargain as 98 each new) they had hardly any clips left on them so i removed the rest, they are all sprayed and on the car(had to trim the original wheel arches on rear to make these fit propperly) they are all screw in undernieth but i need some ideas on how to hold the tops close to the body work as i have gaps at the moment i have tryed gripfill,superglue with activator spray,no more nails,and others and none seem to dry quick enough or strong enough, i could use rivits as i have the gun to do this with but then i have a task of trying to smooth over the rivits s cant be seen, but i dont like filler. now my second problem is power, i have only been driving 4 months and the 1.0 engine seems to of lost power.....it must be me i would like to swap the engine to a 1.3-1.4 easy to do myself, providing i have all the bits, and 3rdly i would like to get the car re-sprayed the same colour the old paintwork has problems which really bug me such as marks left from old stickers (tryed every thing and you can still see them) and many scratchs and chips from me getting the side bump strips off, how much would this set me back any one have any idea's cheers thanks richard

Hiya welcome to the site mate try araldite for your arches might never come off tho then seal it and smooth with white decorators caulk. then yea Work in Progress go for a re spray when you can afford basic colours shouldnt cost that much to get done of you shop around a bit, wouldnt really know much about prices as i'm tackling mine myself.

Last edited:
I used to have a little de-badged s1 and I know what you mean as to the marks, i worked in a body shop and tried everything to get rid of it but couldn't so gave up, for a respray you could be lucky at £500 but more likely it will be well upwards of £1000, also you should inspect the garage you take it to, and inspect the work they do, at our shop we didnt have a proper sealed room to spray in and if we had wet weather the paint bubbles really easily and we had to start again. So just check the place out first. hope this helps.

hey and welcome to the site.

iw ould have recommended resin as well for this as it cures pretty quickly.
have you thought about using tigerseal (or pinkgrip insert other sealants here) and using clamps to hold it in place for a day ?

cheers guys thanks for the tips, i will try areldite and see if this works iv heard its super strong stuff!, i will deffo be looking around for a re-spray i will let you know on what prices i get.

sadly today i think i have found the problems about power, i think the engine may be running abit to sweet reguarding fuel mixture,i held my hand on the exhaust for a few seconds and had a bit of black gunk on my hand + a slightly more potent smell of petrol, is there any thing i can do to solve this?

people have said my engine may need a tune-up but im sure the 1.0ltr direct injection does not have any manual tuning like a carb does, is this right?the only thing i can think of is changing the air filter? what you guys think, iv got my mot on the 24th so next week,so any advise is very welcome cheers every one! rich

Last edited by a moderator:
the running rich could be caused by a faulty 02 senser on the exhaust

when was the oil last changed ?

to be honest i have no idea! iv owned the car since jan 1st and all i got with it was a load of old mot papers,i have checked the oil it still looks quite fresh and the engine has the right amount of it in there, do you reckon its worth having it changed ?

tcsmileysign.gif

Hello there, may I extend to you a warm welcome to TorqueCars, it's really nice to have you with us. I hope you stick around and enjoy the forums as much as we all do.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back