Hello!!! Mustang in Utah here :) Having fun?

kain35m

Torque Junkie
Car
'85 Mustang Gt 5.0
Hi. My name is Mike and I recently got a job working on radar in Utah! It's fun out here, but you want to hear about the cars, right?

Well, I have a 1985 Mustang GT 5.0. The current condition/mods on the car are as follows from the most fun to the least:

Edelbrock performer RPM intake manifold
True dual exhaust with Flowmaster 40 series mufflers (No cats)
Many suspect that there is a cam...not sure. If there is one, it's mild.
Built world class t-5 transmission
basically stock other than that

bad stuff---
car was hit by an old lady a while back and I'm in the market for a new '85 body for the car. because of that, I've had to remove the front sway bar, which is a great mod if all you want is straight line...but..
anyway, other than that, the car has...personality. Let's leave it at that.

We also have a 86 chevy blazer. bone stock. nothing wrong with it.

Both cars are DD. The mustang just made a 2200 mile road trip. running great.

I'm mechanically inclined, and educated, but not experienced. Does that make sense? I know the theory, but I've hardly used it, so I'll come in asking some pretty silly questions.

Oh, one more thing. I write really long posts. 2 reasons. 1, I just don't know when to shut up. 2, I am nervous about seeming like a post whore, so I'd rather make one hideously long post rather than 20 smaller ones.

anyway. For those of you who read this far. I hope you're having fun, and see you on the forums!

Hi there and may I wish you a warm welcome to TorqueCars, it is a pleasure to meet you.

You'll find us a pretty friendly bunch and I'm sure you'll start to love and enjoy the forums as much as we all do.

It sounds like you have a great project on your hands, with an impressive mod list already.

What cars have you owned in the past then?

Do feel free to get involved in our other threads too, the more the merrier as they say and we are friendly (being friendly is actually a forum rule!:))

What cars have you owned in the past then?

I have made every car buying mistake known to man. but the cars worth listing are a 95 grand prix gt. an 85 ford ltd and a 2002 mitsubishi mirage.

I was a ricer with my mirage. all of 75 hp to the front wheels(I actually had it dyno'ed!) and I had side vinyls, racing tires, a giant cat-back exhaust, and short-ram intake.

I loved it anyway tho. This Mustang is the first real car that I have made any real modifications to. Oh, I should mention, I still keep a pair of Mickey Thompson drag radials in my garage just in case someone feels especially froggy :)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back