Hello I'm new

Graywesley

Car
Chevy c70 366 bbc
Hello all I'm rebuilding a 84 c70 dump truck with a 366 bbc. Engine had major blow by was already bored .60 over. I had it bored .80 over ordered custom pistons and had machine shop assemble the rotating assembly. Now I am concerned about leaving everything else the same. Do I need to add larger valves or anything with the larger bore? I reading now I should be probably check piston to valve clearance anyway...tips and suggestions please. I've got it almost ready to drop in don't want to make a fatal mistake now!

Waynne the admin here and I would like to personally extend a sincere welcome to TorqueCars. I apologise for the delay in responding; I've had a really busy period recently, but I believe I've caught up now.

I'm certain you'll fit right in, and I'm looking forward to talking cars with you.

Check the clearance, use a lower quality oil at first to allow it to bed in properly, many make the mistake of using a synthetic for the run in and then wonder why it hasn't fully sealed.

Valve size should be ok as long as the valves are not near those pistons, a 5 angle valve job is worth doing, it aids fuel atomization and will give a little more low end torque.

I love the idea of this project, and I'm a big fan of automotive variety in whatever form it takes from cars to project ideas.

What modifications have you previously made, and which ones would you recommend? Is there anything you'd want us to write about on our main site? - The feedback we get from our members has a significant impact on the research and information we produce.

We have a wealth of information on our website and in this forum, so don't be shy about asking questions or sharing your own experiences and insights. We're all here to help each other out.

A lot of people say we're the nicest car community around, and we're always happy to provide a helping hand.

Enjoy your stay with us, post as much as you can, and feel free to ask questions or start new topics and debates. Your thoughts and opinions on our current issues and hot polls are always welcome.

Has our new TV channel caught your attention? When you've had a chance to watch it, please let us know what you think of it. https://www.youtube.com/torquecars

I've already got some comp cams high zinc break in oil. And I havent done a lot of mods yet...been learning factory stuff. I do want to put a Holly sniper tbi system on this c70 instead of the old double pumper carb. I am Pretty knowledgeable on gmt 400 and gmt 800s. I want to hot rod a 6.0 ls in a gmt 400.
Back to my current build before I saw your reply I had started to adjust valves and was on the wrong page for a inline 6 instead of v8 had the first sequence done tried to turn it 180 out and it got hard to turn and when it did I heard a quiet high pitch ting. I'm assuming that was a piston to valve from having the valve to tight from adjusting at the wrong time. I backed them all off and started over and it seems fine now. Still thinking I'm gonna pull the head back off and check piston valve clearance tomorrow. Thank you for your response!

hello all..just joined here..I’ve got a 2017 jag xf 20d..bought last year in Florida with 7000 miles on it… I think I’m gonna put a couple $$ into it…having a hard time finding stuff for a diesel though..maybe we’ll catch each other on a post soon…‍☠️

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back