Hello i'm new to the site.

Richard405

Car
peugeot405td estate
My name is Richard and the proud owner of a Peugeot 405td estate, I have had the car since the year 2000 it was first registed in 1997 and I bought the car with 131,000 miles on the clock it now shows 225,000 in that time it has been very reliable with only the usual wear and tear items being replaced tyres, batteries, exhaust, brakes etc plus a new clutch last year.
A couple of days ago I noticed the radiator coolant light on on the dash board further investigation showed the level was low. The radiator was replaced a couple of years ago and the front passanger carpet was very wet. I suspect the heater matrix is at fault?
I am asking advice on wether to use something like radweld to repair the leak and if so how reliable is the repair or is it temporary? and would you trust it for say driving on holiday?
Looking at the haynes manual it looks like the dash board will have to come out and that is a little to complicated for me are there any other alternatives?

Thanks for any help on this matter
Richard

hello and welcome

I've used radweld on a previous car and it worked a treat, try it but if you're going far, take some water and anti freeze (just incase)

tcsmileysign.gif

Hi there, I hope you are well. May I wish you a warm welcome to TorqueCars, it is a pleasure to meet you.

You'll find us a pretty friendly bunch and I'm sure you'll start to love and enjoy the forums as much as we all do. (It gets quite addictive at times.)

Feel free to get involved in our other threads, all opinions are welcome and as they say "the more the merrier"! (It's also great when people start new threads and discussions and all adds to the great debate.)

Keep us up to date with your project as well, we like to see what people are getting up to with their cars.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back