Hello from the UK!

ConskiMcGoo

Car
Astra Twintop 1.6
Hey everyone, I'm Connor. Currently in a little Astra Twintop for insurance purposes (living in a city is awful!) - feels a bit slow on the start but I will admit having a convertible has been nice with the recent weather. I'm just about to start saving up to start a project in a couple of years once I've finished my PhD, so signed up here to lurk on boards and occasionally do some research.

Hello and a very warm, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin! Glad you're enjoying the site, it's taken many years of work to get it to this point, and we keep trying to improve it.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Hi there, what's your passion?
Hey! I've recently posted about it in the Hyundai specific thread but my main interests are coupe's/hot-hatches from the 1990s/early 2000s. I love the plasticky interiors and lack of technology. If it has a cassette player it's good in my books!

When I was an undergrad I had to buy a £300 Hyundai Accent MVI from an auction house as an emergency replacement for my first car following an accident... It was initially a temporary replacement but I fell in love with it. I had to scrap it a while back due to costly MOT repairs. Was absolutely gutting so in the future I'm looking to purchase one as a bit of a rolling project and modify it for performance.

Hey! I've recently posted about it in the Hyundai specific thread but my main interests are coupe's/hot-hatches from the 1990s/early 2000s. I love the plasticky interiors and lack of technology. If it has a cassette player it's good in my books!

When I was an undergrad I had to buy a £300 Hyundai Accent MVI from an auction house as an emergency replacement for my first car following an accident... It was initially a temporary replacement but I fell in love with it. I had to scrap it a while back due to costly MOT repairs. Was absolutely gutting so in the future I'm looking to purchase one as a bit of a rolling project and modify it for performance.
Thanks for the intro into your world, and very interesting to. I'm a Skodaphile these days although back in my youth I was a Mini man at heart but have run some crazy stuff over the years. My dream car is a Honda S800, I had one as my first car and loved it but a second has been out of my reach financially ever since.

Hi there and welcome to the site. There is a wealth of knowledge on here, and although you might not get many replies or much off topic banter the tips you get are worth their weight in gold and I would take quality over quantity any day.

I hope you stick around and add your voice to the unique community that only TorqueCars.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back