Hello from Southern New Zealand

HTR

Car
LR Freelander 1
Hello,
I'm Alan and my moniker is HTR. As you can see I'm live in Southern New Zealand and I currently drive a Land Rover Freelander 1. It has the petrol MG Rover K series 1.8 mph motor [18K4F...]. In car interest terms I come from a British car back ground and for many years owned a selection of Rover cars. Ist was a 1962 Rover 3 litre [P5], then a 3.5 litre coupé [P5B], next a 3500 [ P6B] auto followed by a 3500S [P6B]. The last 'Rover was a 2003 Rover 25 K series 1.6 with he CVT. It was that CVT that killed the car for me as the box repair replacement cost was way beyond what the car was worth :( otherwise it was a lovely wee car and was fun to drive.

Other Marques I've owned include: '67 Hillman Imp, a mid '70s MkII 2 Litre Ford Capri GT, a late 70's 1600cc Subaru 4WD pick-up [well deck - in Australia I think the were called a Brumby?], A Mitsubishi Galant sedan 1.8 TD [it ran really well!, Toyota town Ace followed by a '94 Toyota Estimate Lucida - turbo diesel & 4WD, late 80's Toyota Celio Sprinter 1.5 [ really a Corolla], a Ford Ka, '94 Suzuki Swift 5 speed and I currently my wife has a 2016 Suzuki Swift auto.

I do most of my own servicing work and I love to tinker. My current project is tweaking K series 1.8 cylinder heads. I'll discuss that more in my next post.

I've really enjoyed that few articles I've read so far, easy to read and understand and informative. Looking forward to reading more. You may also see me post on the MG Rover forum and LandyZone - same moniker:)

HTR

Hello there
Quite an information and inspiring me to take my own servicing of my car stock. Looking forward to the upcoming posts. Thank You.

Reactions: HTR
Hello and a very warm, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin!

So sorry for my very slow reply, I've been busy updating the site framework and chasing bugs. Hopefully we are there now, with a much faster more efficient site and server.

I'm sure you'll fit in just fine and look forward to Talking Cars with you.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back