Hello from Ipswich, UK

Alex728

Car
VW Polo SEL DSG7
Hi everyone, I'm Alex from Ipswich in Suffolk, England..

Currently drive a 2015 VW Polo 6C SEL DSG7 in Sunset Red (LA3X) which is at present mostly 100% stock, other than subtle cosmetic enhancements such as red edged floor mats, coloured valve caps (well greased to avoid seizing on the brass threads)

Had a blue Polo 6C SE DSG7 in Metallic Blue (LD5L) before that, unfortunately a Hermes truck clouted the side of it in Newmarket and insurance initially planned to write it off and then dithered whilst it sat in Copart for 2 weeks (at one of the busiest times of my work!) so I ended up with the red one (they did repair the blue Polo in the end and I sold it for almost as much as I'd paid for it a few years ago!)

Was a bit wary at first about joining a modified cars forum as I only started driving quite late in life as I lived in London and SE England before so didn't really need a car, and am slightly past "boy racer" age group; and if I did mod this one it would be a few months/years before I considered it (as I'd have to either pay off or notify the finance and deal with the rise in insurance premiums) but this place is genuinely friendly and with people who have sensible attitudes to everything.

I've done a bit of basic coding using an OBDEleven dongle my cousin gave me (he sold his VW and got a BMW which doesn't work with it) for such things as the auto door locking when you go over 10km/h and the needle sweep on startup; and have used this tool for scanning before maintenance/servicing, its already saved labour costs as I could diagnose a faulty lambda sensor (got a really good indie garage literally next door to my work!)

I'm quite heavily into valeting/detailing as well and always like to keep my cars looking good (my favourite products are from Dodo Juice Sonax and Autoglym...

Alex

Hello and a very warm, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin!

So sorry for my very slow reply, my mum recently died and on top of that I've injured my back and shoulder so couldn't use a mouse for weeks!

I'm getting back into the swing of things now, but have to take it slowly. I'll try and get back to answer questions more fully, and I've got a ton of article updates going up soon.

I'm sure you'll fit in just fine and look forward to Talking Cars with you.

What mods have you done already and which ones do you recommend? What things would you like us to cover in our articles on the main site? - Feedback from our members greatly shapes what content we research and provide.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Have you seen our new TV channel? Let us have your thoughts when you've got a chance to see it. https://www.youtube.com/torquecars

Hi Waynne, thanks for the welcome (and apologies for a very late reply, I have been very busy with work recently (I work in tech for healthcare and have been dealing with Covid response procedures, setting up remote working equipment and all sorts!)

I am more likely to start with aesthetic mods due to insurance implications (due to still being a relatively new driver); I might upgrade my alloys and paint the calipers some time next year (time permitting)

The YouTube channel is what brought me here, it is very good and I have learned a lot!

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back