Hello from country of absurd ;)

Miltis

Car
Nissan 100NX GTI
Hello,
My name is Błażej (i know what you think - torture for tongue how to say it).
About my car - I'm pretty happy owner of Nissan 100NX GTI, slightly modded - empty exhaust+ 4-2-1 custom
exhaust manifold, lower suspension, changed ignition - that about mechanics. Original front seats changed for the ones from Mazda RX-8.

Little interesting thing - my baby is only week older than me looking on 1st reg date - im from 18may and he was registered on 27th.

How I ended up here - well, my braking system decided to retire and informed me about that by puking whole brake fluid (that wasn't nice but...), so i started to look for information not only how ti fix but also how to make it better (owners of 100nx will propably agree that orginal brake are... well not really good) - so that's 1st thing i'd like to find out here as polish forums of 100nx are rather dead and on other forums I may find out that I should buy smth different (no way - my NX will be a sleeper killer ;) ).

Okay that's a lot for a first post me thinks, hello everyone once again :)

Hello and welcome, when u said country of absurd I was expecting Wadiya lol.
Nissan 100nx is a nice car, with the t top and competes against opel tigra and ford puma.
puking brake fluid? cracked hose? loose tighting ring? caliper issue? these are the things that come to my mind, and just in case, I believe the 100nx can share the brake system with other nissan models, just amd looking up with which. have you been checking it, have you found the issue?

Pretty much - i know it's hose but not sure accurately where, but anyway gonna change whole stuff there, i've heard that brakes from mistubishi outlander turbo should fit plug and play, but idk from which year :/ Maybe someone here can help - I wanna much bigger brakes than now - would like to go for high power N/A, so brakes gonna be 1st element to care about.

You need to know the fluid capacity of both the existing and the calipers you are intending to swap over to as that determines the pedal height. IF the replacement calipers have a larger total capacity then the pedal will be closer to the floor.

If that happens them the master cylinder can either changed over to the one fitted to the donor car OR have the existing brake master bored and sleeved with a larger piston to get the same result.

Been there done that ;)

Hello and a very warm, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin!

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back