Hello from Canada

JimV

Car
Acura RSX 2.4L JRSC
Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum but not new to boosting cars.

I am in the process to built a twin charge Acura RSX with 2.4L engine that is fully built with Forge Piston, H beam rods with ARP studs, ARP head studs, supertech valves with sodium filled Exhaust valves and bronze guides and stock valve springs.
Car is currently supercharged with a JRSC kit that I am spinning up to 18K rpm(charger). Aftercooler with Meth injection.
So the next evolution is to go Twincharge. 2021 spring will be the attemp to add a turbo behind the supercharger for serial charge.

Wonder if anyone here have that kind of experiment or have success in this kind of setup....

Cheers

Hi and welcome Jim |B
I am a recent convert to Honda and FWD or as some call them bum dragers :lol:

It seems like you have a serious build happening so hopefully you have an LSD to help get that serious power down to the ground as it will be seriously fast car.

Feel free to join in the various conversations and you will soon have the 10 posts needed before you can post pics of your car.

Yes, the first think I did was installed a Quafe LSD. The current setup have 245 40 R17 tires and that helps with tractions a lot.

Hello and a very warm, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin!

I'm sure you'll fit in just fine and look forward to Talking Cars with you. Tell us all about your project and your plans for it.

Sorry I've not been around much, I've been fighting off a DDOS attack on this site. Hopefully performance is back up to where it was, or perhaps a little better.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Boost creep problem,
Current thinking(problem of the day) is how big of a wastegate should I use? I know a 60mm will solve the problem but the sidewinder Turbo manifold for the RSX are usually slated for 44mm. Thinking of going to a precision Turbo 46mm wastegate and plumb it back to the downpipe for scavanging to help with boost Creep.
Wastegate should see around 14 to 15 psi or 1bar of boost.
Any thoughts?

The spring mechanism is just as important as the size of the wastegate. Recirc setups are my preferred option, venting ones have all sorts of issues, particularly on Audi models.

I don't know much about the RSX so can't offer practical help here but hopefully others will see your post and chip in with their experience and suggestions.

Hi, I agree with you that venting ones have all sorts of issues. Under hood temperature is already a problem and
venting it would create even more heat. The wastegate will dump back into the Exhaust.

Hey There!

I'm Mehdi (nickname: Q), from Iran, I'm 29. First, I wanna pre-appreciate you to help me with your wisdom and I do the same if I could.

This is me: I like fixing cars and every other mechanical and electrical devices, but I DO LOVE upgrade performance of a device. So I'm all about performance, not appearance (just like sleeper cars).

I have 12 years experience in fixing and upgrading cars & nowaday I have 3 projects:
Peogeut 405: 1993, AWD, XU10 N/A engine(cast iron, open deck). I have dismounted the engine, repainting allll parts has been done perfectly, but nothing further as I cannot decide what to do with the engine as I love to keep the peogeut engine in the bay. My goal is at least 10.999 seconds for quarter mile. Should I change the engine and transmission or they can keep up to that point...!!?!?

Hyosung GT250R: a V2 engine, 4 VpC, 26whp. I have installed a TD-025 Mitsubishi Turbo, changed the pistons, Connecting Rods, all the ballbearings in the engine, port and published cylinder heads, made custom intercooler, upgraded the coils and spark plugs, used standalone ECU (Force SR4), and...

Sonata 2007, V6, 3.3 (G6DB):
This car was not meant to be upgraded, but when the bearing failed, I had to open the engine and as I had some parts of turbo kit like below stuff, I thought why shouldn't I make it a big project!??
The stuff I had before bearing failure: custom made turbo with 42 Exhaust AR, external WG, AEM FIC6 piggy back, BoV, Intercooler, 1200 or 1300cc injection nozzles(I have no idea about the exact amount as they are CNG nozzles, which are ⅒ of an aftermarket 1200cc nozzles), Bosh high flow Fuel Pump, boost controller, fuel pressure regulator.
I think maybe I can use my turbo, with a bigger one and make it a sequential turbo!? But how to make sure there is just enough overlap between two turbos!??! I dont want to have boost below 2500RpM.
My friend and tuner says I should do it as a single turbo setup, but I love a tiny tiny sticker says: "sequential twin; one big, the other bigger; very awesome and cute; panty dropper; OMG; eargasm; turbo" on my car!!!
So what should I do!?!

I hope you enjoy reading novels. :)

Doing sequential twin is tricky as you have to have the big one sucking air first and then feed the smaller one.
with just Turbo, its better to go parallel. The trick is to have a valve that can open up the big one once it start spooling. Lots of trial and error there.
Another thing that people do is use a big turbo but the turbine has twin entry, it helps with spooling as long as you have equal length primary runners.

good luck.

Hi,
Because of the lockdown in many provinces, there is like 100% spike in guys working on their cars for the last year. I myself included. The issue is that getting parts from our friends south of the border is expensive and hard. So, a lot of planning is involved like I am doing.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back