Hello from Bali

Pedrotax

Car
Swift GT2 1.5
Hi, my name is Pierre and I am a happy owner of a Suzuki Swift GT2, which is in Indonesia the same as the the Suzuki Swift Sport but with a 1.5L 100hp engine fitted (instead of a 1.6) and a standard interior... :blink: I already added a all JBL sound system and shaved all the logos off the bodywork.

I am a student but working aside as well so I'm starting to have a budget; :D therefore I am looking for rather cheap engine tuning/mods tips. Here in Bali we don't go really fast, but my objective is to push the power to 120hp (interesting power to weight ratio so I don't need many more horses...).
I'd like to repaint my wheels as well (matte black) but they are quite chipped... any advice to fix those wheel scratches?
Then I think it could be a DIY job..

Useful website and clear forum.. Keep it up! :blink1:

Hi there and may I wish you a warm welcome to TorqueCars, it is a pleasure to meet you.

You'll find us a pretty friendly bunch and I'm sure you'll start to love and enjoy the
forums as much as we all do.

Feel free to get involved in our other threads, all opinions are welcome and as they say "the more the merrier"!
The best mods for a car engine are as follows.
Internal work yields the biggest gains, head work like porting polishing and 3 angle valve jobs will maximise the airflow and raise the power.

Bigger valves are an obvious addon but not all engines are suitable as it depends how close together the OEM valves are.

A fast road cam will yield good power gains, especially in the top end of the rev range. Don't go mad though a profile of up to 270 degrees will give the best gains without the engine becoming cammy.

The most popular power mods are induction kits (which are questionable as power mods but they can sound nice if that is your sort of thing) and sports exhausts with sports catalysts or decats.

To keep the car legal I'd recommend a sports catalyst rather than a decat.
The last mod should always be a remap as this will allow you to fully realise the power gains on offer from your mods.

It's worth having a read of the articles on www.torquecars.com/tuning/ for more information on these mods and what the terms mean.

tcsmileysign.gif

Welcome buddy ! Bali, how long does it take to roam around the island in a four wheel?

Good question! I remember doing in it 3 or 4 days, but I reckon if you're driving non-stop (and taking a nap when you stop to eat), you might be able to do it in 48 hours. :p

Thanks for the greetings! I already like this forum :grin:

I was already looking at the cam mods, but I really don't want to increase my hi-rev power and I would rather want a more powerful and uniform power repartition. Smoother torque curve?

A precision: I don't really care about mpg's, so if you've got a cheap mod that increases consumption and power drastically, I don't mind :lol:. Sorry planet...

I found this as an induction kit: http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=57-0664

How much power gain should I expect from that? (I tried the power gain thing on the K&N website but it doesn't seem to work..)

I've already got the twin exhaust, so for the decats or the sport catalyst, how about the price? For the legal aspect, no worries. It's Bali. Home of cheap motorbikes mods, so the legal side has no influence on my mod choice. I just need the best price/power ratio, and preferably more low end power :blink1: ...

Thanks for your useful advice!

Head work is where you will see the biggest gains Porting/Polishing & 5 angle valve jobs. Advancing the timing a little will also help - see if the car can be remapped.

Hi, my name is Pierre and I am a happy owner of a Suzuki Swift GT2, which is in Indonesia the same as the the Suzuki Swift Sport but with a 1.5L 100hp engine fitted (instead of a 1.6) and a standard interior... :blink: I already added a all JBL sound system and shaved all the logos off the bodywork.

I am a student but working aside as well so I'm starting to have a budget; :D therefore I am looking for rather cheap engine tuning/mods tips. Here in Bali we don't go really fast, but my objective is to push the power to 120hp (interesting power to weight ratio so I don't need many more horses...).
I'd like to repaint my wheels as well (matte black) but they are quite chipped... any advice to fix those wheel scratches?
Then I think it could be a DIY job..

Useful website and clear forum.. Keep it up! :blink1:

I love bali,it is a beautiful island with beautiful people,so HELLO.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back