Hans

Car
Mercedes c 200 cdi
Hi. I bought a Mercedes-Benz 2003 c-class about a month ago and are looking to use it as a car that i can learn from. Not really sure what i want to do with it but i guess my first mission would be to get more power out of my OM646 engine. Never really worked on cars before so i am hoping that maybe someone on here have some knowledge about the car, and may want to give me some pointers.

Hello and welcome :D

Seeing that you have never worked on cars the first thing you need to do is buy a workshop manual to understand the basics of how things work and start on the simple things like changing the brake pads and bleeding the fluid. installing new spark plugs,fitting and adjusting new drive belts before getting into more difficult jobs like adjusting valve clearances.

Increasing power cost money especially in a NA powered vehicle and what will you be using your car for,normal daily driving or weekend motorsport track days ?

I would most likely use it for daily driving stuff seeing that it only has 130 hp or something like that. Its a turbo diesel engine so if by NA you mean naturally aspirated i dont think that applies here if i have understood it right. i would like to take it to a track someday but hopefully when i"ve learnt enough to crank the power up a bit.

Do you know where i could get a Workshop manual, i searched for it but didnt find much. its a mercedes benz C 200 cdi 2003 modell.

Hello there Hans and let me give you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars - car tuning forums, and thank you for joining us.

I'm sure you'll fit in just fine and look forward to Talking Cars with you. Tell us all about your project and your plans for it. Are you looking for track mods or fast road?

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Hello there Hans and let me give you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars - car tuning forums, and thank you for joining us.

I'm sure you'll fit in just fine and look forward to Talking Cars with you. Tell us all about your project and your plans for it. Are you looking for track mods or fast road?

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.
Hi Thanks for the welcome, I am looking to make a fast road car out of my car but mainly just learn what i can from my mercedes before i start taking on bigger projects. what would you recomend i do to my car to just try to learn the basics?

i tried to connect my after market radio to the starter since the previous owner didnt connect it right, but kind of gave up when i couldnt find the ignitioncable. tried to search around the web but didnt really find much that helped. So i just mounted it back up and left it there until i can get someone to help me on it.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back