Hello from a newbe

Andy Pen

Car
mazda 626 gt coupe
:) Hi people just a quick hello from a fellow petrol head.Joind the forum today as I stubbled over it whilst sorting out the wheels for my project, "god clearence going from 15" to 18" offsets and internal external clearence issues" but got there I hope.Looks a really good sight so going onto forums now,see you for a chat somewhere.All the best Andy Pen

hey welcome to the site if you a stuck with a question just post it and some one will give u a reply they are very helpfull on hear

Sorry for the delay in reps. been working and not on the car Grrrrr.I'm planning on turbo for the engine and trying to find a set of hubs to take seperate discs like normal cars,the gd mazy 626 has unit disc and hub so all the heat goes straight into the wheel bearings!!!.And I can't get bigger discs on which I'll need as I'm aiming for 300bhp+ .Already running 2"S/S exhaust and flowed head. Looking at what pistons I can use for an over bore and drop the CR down from about 10:1 to 8:1ish.Going gas shock for now but will go coil over and fully adjustable.Then wider arches to take 18" Ace co 036 wheels and 225 35 18 tyres,topped off with a fantasy mica black paint jos with silver flake to make it look nice.
What do you recon?

That sounds great. You must post up some pics when you get 10 posts. I like to see a work in progress. Instead of bigger disks have you looked at going for bigger pads/calipers? Might give you the extra you need. I'd certainly get vented and drilled disks though.

does sound good.
would putting bigger calipers and pads not make more heat. even with the drilled discs?
so would this not mean more heat to go to the brearings and wear them out quicker

are the originals single disc or vented ( 2 discs with fins inbetween ) ?

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back